Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Helen Xia's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 4:16 PM

international roaming of go phone

My go phone is on a $25 monthly plan,and i will be in Canada next month. And I saw the international roaming rate is 39 cents per minutes in Canada.

The question, How it is going to charge? Does this means I have to pay the $25 dollar every month and at the same time get charged for every minutes , or my phone just automatically swifts to the 39 cents per minutes plan?

And also, can I get international message and texting while on the international roaming?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Helen Xia wrote:

My go phone is on a $25 monthly plan,and i will be in Canada next month. And I saw the international roaming rate is 39 cents per minutes in Canada.

The question, How it is going to charge? Does this means I have to pay the $25 dollar every month and at the same time get charged for every minutes , or my phone just automatically swifts to the 39 cents per minutes plan?

And also, can I get international message and texting while on the international roaming?

You get charged for your minutes, as you use them. The same applies to messaging & data, and data gets expensive fast. I would recommend reading the http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92554&cv=821#fbid=oZNEok1G37_ for in-depth explanation.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

It is expensive to use roaming in Canada.
Some area you may not have coverage with Rogers Canada.
Do not use data while roaming
WiFi are everywhere.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Helen Xia

If you want to use your phone in Canada, you'll need to add some money on top of your monthly plan to use international roaming minutes. For example, you can add $10 to your balance and it'll be good for about 25 minutes of calling in Canada.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Just like Dmitry saying it is expensive to use roaming in Canada.
US $10 will buy you 25 minutes local call in Canada.
It is mostly for emergency use only.
Payphones are hard to find in Canada now.
If you are lucky enough to find one, it will cost you 35 cents with Bell Canada & 50 cents with Telus to make a local call.
Some hotels & motels may offer free local calls from your room but you better check.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.