Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
koltrone's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, June 10th, 2013 4:38 AM

gophone doesnt work on my unlocked fone :(

i just bought a gophone $25 plan to be use on my dual sim cloudfone thrill 430d - a rebranded Ideos X6. it works fine with the phone that comes with it which is the alcatel 510a. i need to use it on my dual sim so i can receive messages on my roaming simcard and reply from my att number but it does not work!!! anyone knows what could be wrong? i never had issues with mysimplemobile. any help will be much appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

@koltrone wrote:

i just bought a gophone $25 plan to be use on my dual sim cloudfone thrill 430d - a rebranded Ideos X6. it works fine with the phone that comes with it which is the alcatel 510a. i need to use it on my dual sim so i can receive messages on my roaming simcard and reply from my att number but it does not work!!! anyone knows what could be wrong? i never had issues with mysimplemobile. any help will be much appreciated.

As Adidaskid808 pointed out, your phone does not have 3G frequencies for use in North America. So your 3G may not work here. But, you may be able to use 2G if there's a way to change your phone setting to 2G only and never use 3G. If so, you may want to read on.

Another issue is that a GoPhone SIM is often locked to the phone that it was activated in, so that you cannot use the SIM in another phone yet until the SIM gets unlocked. You can call AT&T customer service from another local phone to get the SIM unlocked. Please be aware that you may be on the phone for half hour or more, so the call may cost you a lot.

EDIT: To get the SIM unlocked, you may want to go to an AT&T corporate store in person, instead of calling customer service, just so that you can keep the cost down.

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

@koltrone wrote:

thank you for all your replies guys. i went to ATT in Brass Mill Mall in Connecticut and they helped me out by transferring my number to a completely different simcard free of charge. the Gophone sim can only be used in gophone phones so thats the reason why i cannot use it on my unlocked fone. my phone is 3g but due to different in frequency in the US it does not work.

You're welcomeSmiley Happy

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

This is a phone from PhilippinesSmiley Surprised

As you know Philippines used a different cell phone band on 3G.

Your phone may work fine in Australia,Asia,Europe ..etc.2G &3G. But it may never work in North America.

Also,the cell phone network in North America don't support dual sim phone anyway.Smiley Mad

With a lot of this so called Dual Sim phone,one sim slot can work on 2G and 3G,another sim slot can only work on 3G,since Asia and Europe country use a different 3G band than North America ,that's why your phone don't work.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Europe use the 1800 band for 3G

No Kangaroos in Austria!!!!!!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

thank you for all your replies guys. i went to ATT in Brass Mill Mall in Connecticut and they helped me out by transferring my number to a completely different simcard free of charge. the Gophone sim can only be used in gophone phones so thats the reason why i cannot use it on my unlocked fone. my phone is 3g but due to different in frequency in the US it does not work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

When I went into am AT&T store to get my GoPhone SIM card unlocked, they told me that I'd lose all my minutes and such after they transferred my number to a new SIM card.  I know for a fact that isn't true because my best friend just had to get hers unlocked. So now I don't know what to do. 😕 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.