Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2011
2:43:55 PM
from contract to prepaid?

Hey all..

I have been thru contracts before..so,if I wanted to use a GoPhone while on contract,no workie,right?...unless I want to pay that lump sum to cancel?? i am not sure if that is exact,so thought I would ask the young wizards here..Smiley Happy

thx lots..peace...

Hey all..

I have been thru contracts before..so,if I wanted to use a GoPhone while on contract,no workie,right?...unless I want to pay that lump sum to cancel?? i am not sure if that is exact,so thought I would ask the young wizards here..Smiley Happy

thx lots..peace...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 23, 2011 7:24:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

txdogmom wrote:

Thank you for the info...right now,I am on contract...however,I did have a GoPhone prior to,since I dont use it a lot..(old,ya knowSmiley Happy But, I so wanted the android,i just went to contract,instead of buying phone outright...so,no,I dont think there is a sim in my old GoPhone,but I would want to use my new phone,,I do love it...

Does that explain it any better...??? Sorry for the delay in responding,and thx again...Smiley Happy

Yes, you can use your Android phone on prepaid. You would just need a prepaid SIM instead of a post paid one. This is coming from a fellow Android GoPhone user myself. Smiley Happy

And you're welcome.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

from contract to prepaid?

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 2:48:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hi there!

Do you mean can you use the SIM card on a Go phone? If so, you are definitely able place your SIM card in the Go Phone and use it as normal! Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Hi there!

Do you mean can you use the SIM card on a Go phone? If so, you are definitely able place your SIM card in the Go Phone and use it as normal! Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: from contract to prepaid?

2 of 9 (2,406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2011 3:29:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Evandela wrote:

Hi there!

~ Evandela ~

That's how I interpreted it as well.

Yes, you may use a GoPhone on a post paid plan if you'd like. Unless you're wanting to do something else we did not understand?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Evandela wrote:

Hi there!

~ Evandela ~

That's how I interpreted it as well.

Yes, you may use a GoPhone on a post paid plan if you'd like. Unless you're wanting to do something else we did not understand?

3 of 9 (2,399 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 4:05:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you for the info...right now,I am on contract...however,I did have a GoPhone prior to,since I dont use it a lot..(old,ya knowSmiley Happy But, I so wanted the android,i just went to contract,instead of buying phone outright...so,no,I dont think there is a sim in my old GoPhone,but I would want to use my new phone,,I do love it...

Does that explain it any better...??? Sorry for the delay in responding,and thx again...Smiley Happy

4 of 9 (2,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 4:07:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thx again..I was gonna say about the GoPhone...BUT,mI already said I wanna keep the new,cooll android..thanx again..Smiley Embarassed) appreciate it...

Thx again..I was gonna say about the GoPhone...BUT,mI already said I wanna keep the new,cooll android..thanx again..Smiley Embarassed) appreciate it...

5 of 9 (2,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 4:08:31 PM
(0)
Tutor
of course I meant I'm...Smiley Sad
of course I meant I'm...Smiley Sad

6 of 9 (2,361 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 23, 2011 7:24:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

txdogmom wrote:

Yes, you can use your Android phone on prepaid. You would just need a prepaid SIM instead of a post paid one. This is coming from a fellow Android GoPhone user myself. Smiley Happy

And you're welcome.

txdogmom wrote:

And you're welcome.

7 of 9 (2,353 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 7:03:50 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks!! once again..So,I guess i would have to pay the penalty to cancel contract..Smiley Sad.???.that won't be great,but in the longrun,would still save a ton of $$$$...

Guess I will go visit the att store..good guy is the mgr..& see what he says...& still keep my HTC Status Android,,.yay! love that phone,for sure..

Happy weekend to u..

Thanks!! once again..So,I guess i would have to pay the penalty to cancel contract..Smiley Sad.???.that won't be great,but in the longrun,would still save a ton of $$$$...

Guess I will go visit the att store..good guy is the mgr..& see what he says...& still keep my HTC Status Android,,.yay! love that phone,for sure..

Happy weekend to u..

8 of 9 (2,338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 8:25:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

txdogmom wrote:

Happy weekend to u..

Yes, you would have to pay the ETF to cancel your contract and move to prepaid service. I would recommend paying your ETF at the end of your billing cycle, but you can choose when you'd like to.

You're welcome (again). Smiley Wink Have a good weekend, too!

txdogmom wrote:

Happy weekend to u..

Yes, you would have to pay the ETF to cancel your contract and move to prepaid service. I would recommend paying your ETF at the end of your billing cycle, but you can choose when you'd like to.

You're welcome (again). Smiley Wink Have a good weekend, too!

9 of 9 (2,334 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments