Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Hmh316's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 15th, 2014 9:15 AM

daily fee

For the last couple weeks I have been charged a daily fee and I'm not using my phone they have even gone into my records and it shows I'm not using my phone to make calls or send text but they couldn't tell me why I was being charged and then I was told even though it shows I'm not using my phone to make calls or send text next time it happens I won't get the money refunded back into my account. Is there anything I can do because it has happened again I'm just about ready to give up my service! I feel like I'm being ripped off

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Hmh316,

The explanation is actually very simple. When you receive an incoming call, if you reject it, no connection is established and there is no charge. If you have a voicemail service and the caller leaves you a message, an actual voice connection is established between two phones and it gets charged as a call.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Hmh316,

What plan are you on?

Depending upon the plan, will depend on what the charge it. On the daily plans, you will be charged if you send a text, check your voicemail, or make a call (any call) it will charge the daily fee.

Hope this helps!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I'm on the $2 unlimited talk and text plan and my internet connection only runs on wifi last time I had used my phone was jan 1st yet I still get charged for someone calling my phone even though I don't answer it or check voice mail

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

That shouldn't be the case, it should only charge if you answer.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to  ATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

That team is very helpful in getting issues resolved and should be able to get you all fixed up.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I will give them a try thank you

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Don't get me wrong,I do get charge before!!
I am also on the $2 daily plan.
The AT&T customer service people told me it rang for too long unanswer ,and I will get charge!!

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Adidaskid808,

If your call goes beyond the 3rd ring, you'll be changed for the day.

If you hang up before the 3rd ring you shouldn't get charged. However it should be assumed if you make a call you're going to be charged.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Incoming calls beyond 3rd ring,not answered,

Ding dong,you have been charged $2 today Smiley Mad

Outgoing calls of course are the same Smiley Tongue 

I do get this charged a few times,but I think about it this way.
It cost me Canadian $3 a minute when I roaming in USA  with my Canadian phone.
This US$2 daily with AT&T is just peanut,that's why I never bring this out at the forum. Robot surprised

Sometime,I make a call at 22:55 MST ,my friend call me back at 23:02 MST.
I got charge twice for the $2 daily fee.Because AT&T Gophone are using CST !!!Smiley Frustrated

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Well the problem was fixed I had to turn my voice mail off but it was taken care of they said because my voice came on then it was considered answered but I still don't understand that sense that's never been the case before but I did get my money refunded

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

Looks like you had call forwarding on, thats the only way you get charged the access fee. And hitting the call end button when someone calls you would trigger the access fee because thats considered a received call.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.