Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 17, 2013
3:26:32 PM
View profile
Using a post paid SIM card in an htc inspire to use it as a prepaid?
I'm sorry if that makes no sense. I have an htc inspire I've had for almost two years now, and have been an AT&T customer for almost four. My mom and I have always spilt the bill, but lately she has not been able to pay her half, and I can't pay the whole thing, so it got turned off. Could I buy a prepaid AT&T go phone and put my normal AT&T SIM card in it and use it as pre paid?? Basically, I just don't want to have to get a new phone number to get pre paid, and I want to stick with att so I don't see why that should be a problem. So please let me know if that is possible, and or if there is a way for me to keep my phone number. Thank you!!
I'm sorry if that makes no sense. I have an htc inspire I've had for almost two years now, and have been an AT&T customer for almost four. My mom and I have always spilt the bill, but lately she has not been able to pay her half, and I can't pay the whole thing, so it got turned off. Could I buy a prepaid AT&T go phone and put my normal AT&T SIM card in it and use it as pre paid?? Basically, I just don't want to have to get a new phone number to get pre paid, and I want to stick with att so I don't see why that should be a problem. So please let me know if that is possible, and or if there is a way for me to keep my phone number. Thank you!!
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 22, 2013 10:33:38 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Haleyykat,

Hello and welcome to the forums. One thing to be aware of is your postpaid plan must be current in order to be switched to a prepaid plan. Please see the link below.

Suspend and reinstate service

Here is another helpful link for switching from pospaid to prepaid.

Switch from a postpaid account to a prepaid AT&T GoPhone account

Here is some information on available GoPhone plans.

GoPhone plans and phones

James

Accepted Solution

Using a post paid SIM card in an htc inspire to use it as a prepaid?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 22, 2013 10:33:38 AM
(0)
Former Moderator

Haleyykat,

Hello and welcome to the forums. One thing to be aware of is your postpaid plan must be current in order to be switched to a prepaid plan. Please see the link below.

GoPhone plans and phones

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Haleyykat,

GoPhone plans and phones

James

Re: Using a post paid SIM card in an htc inspire to use it as a prepaid?

2 of 2 (2,678 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments