Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 9, 2013
7:19:04 AM
View profile
Unlimited pre paid & hot spot
Hello,
I have the unlimited prepaid plan (60$/month, unlimited texts & calls, 2Gb of data).
4G is working great but when I try to activate the personal hotspot on my iPhone it asks me to call to activate the option or go to the AT&T website. I didn't find anything related to tethering in my options so I was wondering if someone figured this one out...

Thank you !
Hello,
I have the unlimited prepaid plan (60$/month, unlimited texts & calls, 2Gb of data).
4G is working great but when I try to activate the personal hotspot on my iPhone it asks me to call to activate the option or go to the AT&T website. I didn't find anything related to tethering in my options so I was wondering if someone figured this one out...

Thank you !
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 9, 2013 9:11:33 AM
(0)
Employee

Unfortunately with the PrePaid plans, tethering is not allowed. You won't be able to create a Hot Spot with a PrePaid device.  Smiley Sad

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Unlimited pre paid & hot spot

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 9, 2013 9:11:33 AM
(0)
Employee

Unfortunately with the PrePaid plans, tethering is not allowed. You won't be able to create a Hot Spot with a PrePaid device.  Smiley Sad

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Unlimited pre paid & hot spot

2 of 5 (8,486 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 3:01:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

Unfortunately with the PrePaid plans, tethering is not allowed. You won't be able to create a Hot Spot with a PrePaid device.  :smileysad:

Why is that? is there any other way to avail the hotspot option? like maybe paying for it?

Unfortunately with the PrePaid plans, tethering is not allowed. You won't be able to create a Hot Spot with a PrePaid device.  :smileysad:

Why is that? is there any other way to avail the hotspot option? like maybe paying for it?

3 of 5 (8,453 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 7:06:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

LG_21 wrote:

You can get and subscribe to a mobile hotspot device to get you mobile data.

LG_21 wrote:

You can get and subscribe to a mobile hotspot device to get you mobile data.

4 of 5 (8,434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 2:22:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

Okay thank's... That's too bad because you can do it with any Android device or jailbroken iPhone. 

Thank you !

Okay thank's... That's too bad because you can do it with any Android device or jailbroken iPhone. 

Thank you !

5 of 5 (8,420 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments