Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
FunkyMax's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 2:19 PM

Unlimited pre paid & hot spot

Hello,
I have the unlimited prepaid plan (60$/month, unlimited texts & calls, 2Gb of data).
4G is working great but when I try to activate the personal hotspot on my iPhone it asks me to call to activate the option or go to the AT&T website. I didn't find anything related to tethering in my options so I was wondering if someone figured this one out...

Thank you !

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Associated Member

• 

152 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately with the PrePaid plans, tethering is not allowed. You won't be able to create a Hot Spot with a PrePaid device.  😞

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately with the PrePaid plans, tethering is not allowed. You won't be able to create a Hot Spot with a PrePaid device.  :smileysad:

Why is that? is there any other way to avail the hotspot option? like maybe paying for it?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@LG_21 wrote:

Unfortunately with the PrePaid plans, tethering is not allowed. You won't be able to create a Hot Spot with a PrePaid device.  :smileysad:

Why is that? is there any other way to avail the hotspot option? like maybe paying for it?

You can get and subscribe to a mobile hotspot device to get you mobile data.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Okay thank's... That's too bad because you can do it with any Android device or jailbroken iPhone. 

Thank you !

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.