Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
cmpbala's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 26th, 2014 4:28 AM

Unable to convert my postpaid connection to PayAs You Go Line

Hi,

Let me give you the background of my problem

1. I was added as an add on line to my friend and I am currently using this line for past 12 months as post paid account.

2. On 24th Nov 2014 we went to AT&T store near Metro Center and both of us wanted to switch the account to Pre Paid (Pay as you go) line. We opted for $45 Plan with Unlimited talk and Text with 1 GB Data. Since our billing cycle completes on 25th of every month wanted to do this change.

3. The store person did this change on the Primary Phone and he paid for $45 and completed.

4. Next was my turn and I was waiting to get it changed, store person was not able to do it and asked us to contact AT&T Customer care.

5.I waited in the store and contacted customer care, a person named Shawn assited and he was not able to perform the action of converting my account to prepaid and said will call next day before 9 AM MST. I did not receive any calls.

6. I called multiple types to AT&T support but no one was able to convert my account to Pre Paid and mentioned that they cannot help me.

7. All i wanted is change my Post Paid account to Pre Paid which no one is able to help me either on store or in Chat or in Phone.

Can some one please help me understand the issue and convert this account or porting the number to different carrier is the only option left at this time as i have been explaining my situation all over but no resolution

Employee

• 

581 Messages

9 years ago

Hello @cmpbala just FYI, the guidelines for changing a post paid account to a GoPhone account can be found by clicking here

If a reason has not been provided to you as to why your line was not moved over as you requested, please send a private message including the details you shared here and include your name, email address, contact number, account number and a good time for you to be reached.  Click here to send the private message.  We have a great team of managers that monitor that mailbox. Upon receipt of your message this issue will be researched and a manager will contact you directly within 48 hours.  Thanks for posting and we sincerely hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hi,

I have not received any solution till date for my request. There have been folks who are handing over my request from one person to another and no followup done. I have sent reminder to support team for status yesterday and i have not received any reply yet. I am almost on the verge of withdrawing the connection. To be honest, i have inconviences in making folks understand everytime on my issue. Anyways my wait continues. Below is the reply i got from support team. Today is 05th Dec and i have received no calls. I am struggling to get this changed from 11/24. Still my billing continues in same fashion which I might want you to compensate for the technical glitch of your systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we discussed, migrations to prepaid cannot be completed if the account is within two days prior to the billing cycle through four days after the billing cycle. Unfortunately, because the existing account was opened on 11/26, and the bill cycle did not close until 11/28, the account is not be eligible for a migration to a prepaid account until 12/3, at the earliest. As we discussed, I will be asking that someone give you a call on December 3 to assist in getting you over to the team that can help you with this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Cmpbala,

This will be interesting to see what happens to your "conversion" as I was thinking of doing a similar thing and going from a postpaid account to the 45/month prepaid account.   Please keep me posted.

It sounds like the prepaid accounts don't have the same support available.   Maybe that's why they are cheaper.    Will be interesting to know the answer to this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.