Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 19, 2011
4:21:51 PM
View profile
Topping off a prepaid phone.

I did a $100 refill with the 365 day expiration back in Aug. Say I used that balance in the first 3 months and top off it with $30 would that $30 still last for the remaining period of the 365 refill or would the expiration be  only 90 days for the refill?

If you have a prepaid plan now that is no longer offered will your refill on that extend the plan or does that plan expire with the remaing minutes?

I did a $100 refill with the 365 day expiration back in Aug. Say I used that balance in the first 3 months and top off it with $30 would that $30 still last for the remaining period of the 365 refill or would the expiration be  only 90 days for the refill?

If you have a prepaid plan now that is no longer offered will your refill on that extend the plan or does that plan expire with the remaing minutes?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 20, 2011 10:16:58 AM
(0)
Master
The $30 refill would last for the 365 day account expiration date, and it would also add another 90 days to the expiration date. So the account would expire in 90 + the remaining days of the 365-day expiration date.

Refilling your account with a grandfathered plan will allow you to keep the plan. It is only if your account expires that the plan is gone for good.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
Accepted Solution

Topping off a prepaid phone.

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 20, 2011 10:16:58 AM
(0)
Master
The $30 refill would last for the 365 day account expiration date, and it would also add another 90 days to the expiration date. So the account would expire in 90 + the remaining days of the 365-day expiration date.

Refilling your account with a grandfathered plan will allow you to keep the plan. It is only if your account expires that the plan is gone for good.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Topping off a prepaid phone.

2 of 2 (790 Views)
Solution