Wireless Forums

Posted Sep 17, 2008
9:32:52 AM
View profile
Switching to postpaid
I've seen that at&t allows switch to postpaid plans and allows you to keep your current balance.

My question is this: If I switch from prepaid to postpaid and keep my current balance as a credit on the bill, do I have to get in to a contract? I'd rather stay month-to-month, but I've found that postpaid has certain benefits that can't exist with prepaid (such as better roaming coverage).
I've seen that at&t allows switch to postpaid plans and allows you to keep your current balance.

My question is this: If I switch from prepaid to postpaid and keep my current balance as a credit on the bill, do I have to get in to a contract? I'd rather stay month-to-month, but I've found that postpaid has certain benefits that can't exist with prepaid (such as better roaming coverage).
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2008 10:01:17 AM
(0)
Expert

lilbyrdie wrote:

Yes you can  switch to prepaid with the same phone number in any corporate owned AT&T Mobility store only and the balance will carry over with you, as fo rthe contractual obligation you ask about, yes you can do a non-contractual service commitment that will not lock you in to a 2 year contract and leave you on a month to month (30 day) billing cycle with AT&T postpaid service. http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
Accepted Solution

Switching to postpaid

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2008 10:01:17 AM
(0)
Expert

lilbyrdie wrote:

Yes you can  switch to prepaid with the same phone number in any corporate owned AT&T Mobility store only and the balance will carry over with you, as fo rthe contractual obligation you ask about, yes you can do a non-contractual service commitment that will not lock you in to a 2 year contract and leave you on a month to month (30 day) billing cycle with AT&T postpaid service. http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

lilbyrdie wrote:

Knight Rider Rules.gif

Re: Switching to postpaid

2 of 4 (1,071 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2008 10:20:30 AM
(0)
Thanks for the answer.

It's too bad I can't do it online -- or over the phone, at minimum. So much seems to require going in to a store. It doesn't make sense; that's gotta cost at&t much more than handling such simple things via a voice call or online...
Thanks for the answer.

It's too bad I can't do it online -- or over the phone, at minimum. So much seems to require going in to a store. It doesn't make sense; that's gotta cost at&t much more than handling such simple things via a voice call or online...

3 of 4 (1,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2008 10:31:59 AM
(0)
Expert

lilbyrdie wrote:
Thanks for the answer.

I do agree doing it over the phone would be alot easier than going in to a local store tyo have it done. hopefully all goes well for you.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

lilbyrdie wrote:
Thanks for the answer.

I do agree doing it over the phone would be alot easier than going in to a local store tyo have it done. hopefully all goes well for you.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

4 of 4 (1,065 Views)