Ask a question

Posted Mar 29, 2014
    1:15:10 AM
    View profile
    Sim cards

Ok well I use a go phone plan with the a samsung express which i just managed to break the screen. It has a nano sim card in it. Which i cant afford a new phone at the moment so i bought a cheapy which had the "normal" size sim card..Is there a way to switch the information from one sim to another without distroying anything with my plan? Thank you.

(0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Mar 29, 2014 6:36:04 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Guru

Your Samsung Express should be using a Micro Sim, not Nano Sim - _.-
    Nano Sim are mostly for Apple IPad Air  and IPhone 5 or above.

You don't need to get a new SIM card or switch SIM,all you need is spent a few bucks online and get yourself a set of SIM card adaptere.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Accepted Solution

Sim cards

2 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (2)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Mar 29, 2014 6:36:04 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Guru

Your Samsung Express should be using a Micro Sim, not Nano Sim - _.-
    Nano Sim are mostly for Apple IPad Air  and IPhone 5 or above.

You don't need to get a new SIM card or switch SIM,all you need is spent a few bucks online and get yourself a set of SIM card adaptere.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Sim cards

2 of 3 (1,176 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Mar 31, 2014 8:19:28 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    As adidaskid808 mentioned, you have the option to purchase a microSIM adapter online, which allows the SIM to be used in the larger SIM slot of the "cheap" phone. Sometimes the adapters themselves can be of cheap quality (and price), so I would only recommend using them for a short period of time, especially if you plan on switching your SIM back and forth.

Your other option is to pay a visit to an AT&T corporate store and ask if the employee(s) there can transfer your account information over from your current SIM to a standard sized SIM that would fit the larger slot of the new phone. Ideally, everything should go smoothly during this process.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Sim cards

3 of 3 (1,133 Views)