Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Purity_'s profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, March 29th, 2014 8:15 AM

Sim cards

Ok well I use a go phone plan with the a samsung express which i just managed to break the screen. It has a nano sim card in it. Which i cant afford a new phone at the moment so i bought a cheapy which had the "normal" size sim card..Is there a way to switch the information from one sim to another without distroying anything with my plan? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Your Samsung Express should be using a Micro Sim, not Nano Sim - _.-
Nano Sim are mostly for Apple IPad Air  and IPhone 5 or above.

You don't need to get a new SIM card or switch SIM,all you need is spent a few bucks online and get yourself a set of SIM card adaptere.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

As adidaskid808 mentioned, you have the option to purchase a microSIM adapter online, which allows the SIM to be used in the larger SIM slot of the "cheap" phone. Sometimes the adapters themselves can be of cheap quality (and price), so I would only recommend using them for a short period of time, especially if you plan on switching your SIM back and forth.

Your other option is to pay a visit to an AT&T corporate store and ask if the employee(s) there can transfer your account information over from your current SIM to a standard sized SIM that would fit the larger slot of the new phone. Ideally, everything should go smoothly during this process.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.