Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
appuchans's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 4:42 PM

Recharge and rate plan change - money lost ?

Hi,

I am on a $60 Gophone plan and it was up for renewal today. I made an online payment of $60+ taxes and I got confirmation that rate plan has been renewed. My balance was shown as $1. However within a few minutes of recharge I made a rate plan change to $45 online thinking that I will opt for that plan from my next renewal due on 18th Feb. However this seem to have "nullfied" my recharge and the phone is not working any more. What happened to the renewal payment amount? ? How can I get refund or $60 plan restored without losing money ?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there @appuchans

I'm very sorry to hear your phone is currently not working.

When you’re on a monthly plan, to ensure you don't lose any remaining services for your current plan, we recommend making changes the day before your current plan expires.

In order for you to not lose your funds, the plan change should have been made before you refilled your account.

Per our GoPhone Plan Terms: GoPhone refill cards and other account refills are nontransferable and nonrefundable.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Michelle

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.