Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted May 18, 2014
8:40:53 AM
View profile
Prepaid sim data only

Hi,

Next month I will be in the us for 2 weeks (I will visit los angeles, san francisco and san diego). I'd like to use my italian phone with a prepaid sim, but I don't need sms and voice calls. I'd like to use whatsapp and skype. Is there a prepaid sim card with 1 GB of data included?

Hi,

Next month I will be in the us for 2 weeks (I will visit los angeles, san francisco and san diego). I'd like to use my italian phone with a prepaid sim, but I don't need sms and voice calls. I'd like to use whatsapp and skype. Is there a prepaid sim card with 1 GB of data included?

Prepaid sim data only

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 8:40:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Nope....Do you have an Apple IPad ??
Maybe an IPad is what you need for travel to USA for no SMS & Voice call.

Nope....Do you have an Apple IPad ??
Maybe an IPad is what you need for travel to USA for no SMS & Voice call.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Prepaid sim data only

2 of 6 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 10:03:21 PM
(0)
Contributor
No, I have an htc one.
What do you propose to me?
No, I have an htc one.
What do you propose to me?

3 of 6 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2014 2:06:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Not much to propose....all mobile network in USA & Canada are selling voice call ,SMS and data together as a plan if you like to use a smart phone.

Not much to propose....all mobile network in USA & Canada are selling voice call ,SMS and data together as a plan if you like to use a smart phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 24, 2014 9:44:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Your best bet is to obtain a prepaid SIM card for your device, activate it, and select the $60 monthly unlimited talk and text plan which includes 2.5 GB of data. I know it's expensive for only 2 weeks and I know that you do not want or need unlimited talk and text, but it is the only plan that offers such a large standard allotment of data. Unless you can settle for 500MB of data included in the $40 monthly plan, the $60 plan looks like your best option.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Your best bet is to obtain a prepaid SIM card for your device, activate it, and select the $60 monthly unlimited talk and text plan which includes 2.5 GB of data. I know it's expensive for only 2 weeks and I know that you do not want or need unlimited talk and text, but it is the only plan that offers such a large standard allotment of data. Unless you can settle for 500MB of data included in the $40 monthly plan, the $60 plan looks like your best option.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

5 of 6 (337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2014 11:06:38 AM
(0)
Scholar
Get a Hotspot device that can connect you to your device with Internet service, but you will need to pay for the Hotspot device.

Hope this help.
Get a Hotspot device that can connect you to your device with Internet service, but you will need to pay for the Hotspot device.

Hope this help.

6 of 6 (255 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments