Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 12, 2014
5:47:14 PM
Prepaid Balance in minutes

I just want to get this straight, I started my account on 1/21/14 with $25 monthly. My balance shows $0 but I have 139 minutes left. Will my minutes dissappear on 2/21/14 or 4/21/14? I would rather wait till my minutes run out before adding more money to the account.

I just want to get this straight, I started my account on 1/21/14 with $25 monthly. My balance shows $0 but I have 139 minutes left. Will my minutes dissappear on 2/21/14 or 4/21/14? I would rather wait till my minutes run out before adding more money to the account.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 18, 2014 9:43:21 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDelia on Mar 10, 2014 at 2:09:00 PM

Hello @matrixblde 

We can change your phone number if you need to. Do you text a lot? The plan you currently have includes Unlimited Text Messaging and 250 minutes for 30 days. If you don't text, you can get a $0.10 per minute plan, and with this plan your balance expiration date ($25 is good for 90 days) will be the one to watch for, or whenever you use all of your funds, whichever comes first.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Prepaid Balance in minutes

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 13, 2014 4:53:19 PM
(0)
Master
Your plan for this month expires on 2/21/14. After that, you would have to add more money to your account to use your phone for next month. 4/21/14 is your account expiration date. By this date you should add more money to your account to avoid having it expire.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Your plan for this month expires on 2/21/14. After that, you would have to add more money to your account to use your phone for next month. 4/21/14 is your account expiration date. By this date you should add more money to your account to avoid having it expire.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Prepaid Balance in minutes

2 of 8 (1,501 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 18, 2014 5:51:22 AM
(0)
Employee

You minutes expire 30 days from the date of renewal. So in your case the minutes will expire on 2/20/2014. You can refill closer to that date and any Company owned retail store can force the minutes to renew on the date you refilled. 

Keep in mind that if they force the refill, the new renewal date will be 30 days from the date they force the plan to renew. 

Hope this helps!

You minutes expire 30 days from the date of renewal. So in your case the minutes will expire on 2/20/2014. You can refill closer to that date and any Company owned retail store can force the minutes to renew on the date you refilled. 

Keep in mind that if they force the refill, the new renewal date will be 30 days from the date they force the plan to renew. 

Hope this helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 8 (1,425 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 7:38:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

I see, this was not what I wanted. I didn't want a predetermined monthly bill. I am glad I havent given out this number. This way who ever gets this number next, wont go through what I have been going through. Almost the moment I activated this number I have been getting bill collector calls for the previous owner.

I see, this was not what I wanted. I didn't want a predetermined monthly bill. I am glad I havent given out this number. This way who ever gets this number next, wont go through what I have been going through. Almost the moment I activated this number I have been getting bill collector calls for the previous owner.

4 of 8 (1,419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 18, 2014 9:43:21 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDelia on Mar 10, 2014 at 2:09:00 PM

Hello @matrixblde 

We can change your phone number if you need to. Do you text a lot? The plan you currently have includes Unlimited Text Messaging and 250 minutes for 30 days. If you don't text, you can get a $0.10 per minute plan, and with this plan your balance expiration date ($25 is good for 90 days) will be the one to watch for, or whenever you use all of your funds, whichever comes first.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @matrixblde 

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
5 of 8 (1,401 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 11:02:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

ok, how do I do those two things, change number and plan?

6 of 8 (1,390 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 7:08:09 PM
(0)
Master

matrixblde wrote:

Go ahead and send a private message to AT&T Customer Care below:

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

I don't blame you - I wouldn't want a phone number where I was getting harassed all the time. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

matrixblde wrote:

Go ahead and send a private message to AT&T Customer Care below:

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

I don't blame you - I wouldn't want a phone number where I was getting harassed all the time. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

7 of 8 (1,372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 6:46:45 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello again matrixblde.

Thank you for sending us a message, one of our Social Media Care managers will be contacting you soon to help.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello again matrixblde.

Thank you for sending us a message, one of our Social Media Care managers will be contacting you soon to help.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

8 of 8 (1,350 Views)