Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 17, 2014
4:57:11 PM
View profile
Porting ATT Postpaid Number to ATT Prepaid

The title is my question. Corporate store employee said I could do this by just changing the type of plan on my account. Chat rep. online said that it was not possible. I suppose I could port number to Google Voice and then port it back to ATT, but that sounds like a hassle. Keeping # a must since it is on file in probably a hundred or more places and life is too short to try to change it everywhere.

The title is my question. Corporate store employee said I could do this by just changing the type of plan on my account. Chat rep. online said that it was not possible. I suppose I could port number to Google Voice and then port it back to ATT, but that sounds like a hassle. Keeping # a must since it is on file in probably a hundred or more places and life is too short to try to change it everywhere.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 19, 2014 10:01:19 AM
(0)
Employee

Hey there cga632.  Thanks for your post.   Great question.

You are stating that you want to move your AT&T postpaid to an AT&T prepaid account.  That should not be an issue, however there are a few requirements.

Check out the details here Switch from a postpaid account to a GoPhone account and let us know if that is helpful!  Smiley Happy

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Porting ATT Postpaid Number to ATT Prepaid

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 19, 2014 10:01:19 AM
(0)
Employee

You are stating that you want to move your AT&T postpaid to an AT&T prepaid account.  That should not be an issue, however there are a few requirements.

Check out the details here Switch from a postpaid account to a GoPhone account and let us know if that is helpful!  Smiley Happy

~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Porting ATT Postpaid Number to ATT Prepaid

2 of 4 (1,521 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 12:12:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thank you very much. This was the exact information that I was looking for. Fortunately I qualify on all counts.

Thank you very much. This was the exact information that I was looking for. Fortunately I qualify on all counts.

3 of 4 (1,512 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 19, 2014 12:35:40 PM
(0)
Employee

Thats awesome!  Thanks for confirming.  Glad to help!!  ~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Thats awesome!  Thanks for confirming.  Glad to help!!  ~Delia

4 of 4 (1,502 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments