Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 17, 2012
7:50:23 AM
View profile
Port #s from ATT Family Plan to Prepaid

Hi,

We want to move from ATT family plan to Go Phone .10 plan. We ordered prepaid phones. My question is “Can we transfer our phone# to prepaid?” Can we do it online? 

Hi,

We want to move from ATT family plan to Go Phone .10 plan. We ordered prepaid phones. My question is “Can we transfer our phone# to prepaid?” Can we do it online? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2012 9:04:29 AM
(0)
Former Employee

You can surely do that, keep in mind though that moving from postpaid to prepaid means terminating the contract if there is one and will charge you an early termination fee. As far as doing it online, I don't think you can, but not 100% sure. It can be done by phone by calling 1-800-331-0500 (obviously don't call from phones being transferred) or in person in store.

Accepted Solution

Port #s from ATT Family Plan to Prepaid

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 17, 2012 9:04:29 AM
(0)
Former Employee

You can surely do that, keep in mind though that moving from postpaid to prepaid means terminating the contract if there is one and will charge you an early termination fee. As far as doing it online, I don't think you can, but not 100% sure. It can be done by phone by calling 1-800-331-0500 (obviously don't call from phones being transferred) or in person in store.

Re: Port #s from ATT Family Plan to Prepaid

2 of 6 (1,604 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 9:09:59 AM
(0)
Contributor

Main # on contract expired Dec 10 and the second # on contract expires January 15th.  CSR told my wife we can terminate contact now with no penalties and we suppose to get a phone call from ATT CSR this Saturday to do the transfer which we never got. 

Main # on contract expired Dec 10 and the second # on contract expires January 15th.  CSR told my wife we can terminate contact now with no penalties and we suppose to get a phone call from ATT CSR this Saturday to do the transfer which we never got. 

3 of 6 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 9:31:22 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you didn't get the phone call you were promised. 

If you still need assistance with this, you're welcome to send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm sorry you didn't get the phone call you were promised. 

If you still need assistance with this, you're welcome to send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (1,595 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 10:44:49 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank You. My wife got the call from CSR and the #s are ported. I don’t know if it was just a coincidence or you made her call us. 

Thank You. My wife got the call from CSR and the #s are ported. I don’t know if it was just a coincidence or you made her call us. 

5 of 6 (1,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 10:47:23 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I wish I could take credit but I'm glad you were able to speak with her and get it taken care of!

--------------

I wish I could take credit but I'm glad you were able to speak with her and get it taken care of!

--------------

6 of 6 (1,577 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments