Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 13, 2012
5:16:32 PM
View profile
Pay $50 to add $25 1GB data package?
Edited by DaleGWI on Oct 13, 2012 at 6:11:59 PM

I have the $25/month GoPhone plan.  I would like to add data to my son's phone so that he can download rings tones, music and check his email.  When I go to the "Buy Features" page and select the $25 data plan, I receive the following alert, "Your current balance is insufficient, you must have at least $25.00 to buy the Data 1GB Feature."  

So, do I need to spend $50 to get the $25 1GB package?  This just doesn't make sense and I was unable find an explanation anywhere in the forums.  Why does GoPhone make me feel stupid and frustrated?

Thanks for the help.

I have the $25/month GoPhone plan.  I would like to add data to my son's phone so that he can download rings tones, music and check his email.  When I go to the "Buy Features" page and select the $25 data plan, I receive the following alert, "Your current balance is insufficient, you must have at least $25.00 to buy the Data 1GB Feature."  

So, do I need to spend $50 to get the $25 1GB package?  This just doesn't make sense and I was unable find an explanation anywhere in the forums.  Why does GoPhone make me feel stupid and frustrated?

Thanks for the help.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 14, 2012 12:40:28 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Oct 14, 2012 at 12:52:47 AM

DaleGWI wrote:

Thanks for the help.

The $25/mo Gophone plan pays for talk and text. Data costs another $25. Taxes could be extra depending on which state you live in.

Accepted Solution

Pay $50 to add $25 1GB data package?

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2012 7:44:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by adidaskid808 on Oct 13, 2012 at 7:46:31 PM

The answer are very simple, $25/month is what AT&T charge you for service.
That's not cover the tax and service charge that some state going to charge you for using a cell phone.

That's why you don't have enough money to buy the $25 1 GB data package.

The answer are very simple, $25/month is what AT&T charge you for service.
That's not cover the tax and service charge that some state going to charge you for using a cell phone.

That's why you don't have enough money to buy the $25 1 GB data package.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pay $50 to add $25 1GB data package?

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (3,276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 14, 2012 12:40:28 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Oct 14, 2012 at 12:52:47 AM

DaleGWI wrote:

Thanks for the help.

The $25/mo Gophone plan pays for talk and text. Data costs another $25. Taxes could be extra depending on which state you live in.

DaleGWI wrote:

Thanks for the help.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (3,260 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2012 10:23:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

I ended up adding the $15 worth of data and AT&T added applicable taxes.  Thanks for the info.  

I ended up adding the $15 worth of data and AT&T added applicable taxes.  Thanks for the info.  

4 of 4 (3,182 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments