Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Chumley54's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 21st, 2008 12:12 AM

Closed

PAYG Airtime minutes are not cumlative

I know my $ rollover, but I've noticed that if I buy 90 days of airtime, they start from the date I purchased them and are not simply added to my balance of airtime.

ATT sends a notice to add time about 2 months before the expiration date of the airtime. Unfortunately, if I renew when they send the first notice, I lose the 2 months remaining airtime.

this policy seems a little unfair. I have to renew right at the end of my airtime or lose paid for airtime.

Can this be changed?

Or do I have to complain to Customer Service every 90 days?

Has anybody else noticed this?

I was about to buy a year, but will lose the 2 months I have of remaining airtime.  This is a little silly .

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

16 years ago

@Chumley54 wrote:
I know my $ rollover, but I've noticed that if I buy 90 days of airtime, they start from the date I purchased them and are not simply added to my balance of airtime.

ATT sends a notice to add time about 2 months before the expiration date of the airtime. Unfortunately, if I renew when they send the first notice, I lose the 2 months remaining airtime.

this policy seems a little unfair. I have to renew right at the end of my airtime or lose paid for airtime.

Can this be changed?

Or do I have to complain to Customer Service every 90 days?

Has anybody else noticed this?

I was about to buy a year, but will lose the 2 months I have of remaining airtime.  This is a little silly .

That is not something that can be changed as it is the way it's done.  The best thing to do, is to  call 1 week or so before the expiration date and add the money then.  You don't need to renew the first time they send the notice.  If you don't think you can remember the date, write it on your calendar.  I do that to remind myself when I need to change the filter in my water every two months and other similar things.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

I learned the hard way, and now I have a reminder set up in my phone's calendar to alert me to purchase my airtime a few days prior to the expiration.

What's really "tacky" is sending the notification so far in advance - in an effort to continually accelerate the customer's refill - and then NOT sending subsequent notifications as the customer is truly approaching their expiration date.  Talk about really feeling "had".  😞
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.