Wireless Forums

Posted Apr 30, 2014
11:15:50 AM
View profile
PAY AS YOU GO

I am a pay as you go customer. I recently found a phone on Ebay that I wanted to purchase and it is a dual phone for AT&T and T-Mobile, if I am not mistaken. My question is can I buy this phone and use my pay as you go sim chip and if so, would I have to go to an AT&T store to unlock it for my chip or would it work automatically as long as my chip and the phone is the same service?

I am a pay as you go customer. I recently found a phone on Ebay that I wanted to purchase and it is a dual phone for AT&T and T-Mobile, if I am not mistaken. My question is can I buy this phone and use my pay as you go sim chip and if so, would I have to go to an AT&T store to unlock it for my chip or would it work automatically as long as my chip and the phone is the same service?

PAY AS YOU GO

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 12:24:31 PM
(0)
Employee

should work no problem unless the sim is a different size than the one you have

should work no problem unless the sim is a different size than the one you have

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: PAY AS YOU GO

2 of 5 (398 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 3:52:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

May not work too well or drop call.Check with the seller on ebay for the phone are fully unlocked.

May not work too well or drop call.Check with the seller on ebay for the phone are fully unlocked.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (374 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2014 9:06:04 PM
(0)

It is fully unlocked. I think the only thing I was concerned about was whether or not the phone being 2G mattered because the phone I have now is 3g and whether or not my chip would fit.

It is fully unlocked. I think the only thing I was concerned about was whether or not the phone being 2G mattered because the phone I have now is 3g and whether or not my chip would fit.

4 of 5 (361 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 1, 2014 6:27:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

It don't matter to do with the SIM chip.
The phone(Hardware) are the one to see if you can received/ get 2G,3G,4G & LTE.
Some telcoms may only allow you to use up to 4G speed if you are a pay as you go(Gophone) customer.

You can always buy a Sim card cutter & adapter on ebay to get the SIM card fit in your phone.
But you can always drop in a Crop. store of AT&T and have it replace for free.

It don't matter to do with the SIM chip.
The phone(Hardware) are the one to see if you can received/ get 2G,3G,4G & LTE.
Some telcoms may only allow you to use up to 4G speed if you are a pay as you go(Gophone) customer.

You can always buy a Sim card cutter & adapter on ebay to get the SIM card fit in your phone.
But you can always drop in a Crop. store of AT&T and have it replace for free.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (341 Views)