Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Jewelfox's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 9th, 2013 7:21 AM

No autorenew, so why "next rate plan charge" in a month?

On the myprepaidrefill site, I added a $25 refill to my Lumia 520 smartphone on my GoPhone account. I did not set up auto-renew, because I saw on the website that a refill of $25 will last for 90 days.

The website now says that my "Account balance expiration" is January 7. However, it also says that I have $0 in my account, even though I am able to make phone calls and send texts now. This is a problem, because the website will not let me add the $5 data package because my balance is supposedly empty.

In addition, the text that I got to confirm my order says that my "next rate plan charge" will be in a month. How is this possible without autorenew, and is there any way to cancel it?

Did I mess this up by accident?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

Account balance expiration:Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - The reason for this is because you added $25 to your account w/c has an expiration of 90 days. But since you dont have money left in your account, the Jan. 7,2014 account balance expiration is no longer in effect. The Account balance expiration date is the basis of when your accounts gonna close. If you do not add money to your account before its expiration date, its gonna start a 60 day grace period and your account will close.

So what exactly does this mean? I think it means that the $25 I paid for will last until January if it's not completely used by then

The $25 that you added to your account was used to pay for your monthly rate plan

Rate plan:$25 Monthly

, w/c would last for 30 days.

Rate plan expiration:Thursday, November 07, 2013

You should add a minimum of $25 to your account to pay for your monthly rate plan so that it would automatically renew by itself after 30 days. If your account balance is below $25, your monthly rate plan would not renew.

Also, if I buy a data package how long will it last? 30 days? 90 days? Whereas if I switch to the $40 rate plan, will the 200 MB last the whole 90 days (if I haven't used them up by then)?

Data package would last for 30 days. The 200MB in the $40 rate plan will last 30 days. Monthly rate plans would always last 30 days.

I think you are just confused between the Account balance expiration and the Rate plan expiration

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

I'm assuming that you're on the $25 monthly rate plan.  I think when you added the $25 to your account, it automatically deducts to fund your monthly rate plan, thus your balance says $0. 

Your monthly rate plan will last for 30 days and automatically renews by itself if you have enough money on your account to fund whatever rate plan you have.

Basically just add $30 to your account so that you could purchase the $5 data package, and $25 ready for the next rate plan charge.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

So if I don't put enough money in there to renew it, it won't renew but I'll still have the minutes and such until they expire in 90 days?

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

If you dont have enough money to renew your monthly rate plan ($25 in your case) , you wont be able to use your phone,make calls/text.

Account balance is diffirent from rate plan. Your account is just like a bank ,you store money in there.
Your monthly rate plan deducts money from your account balance every month, depending on what rate plan you have.
$25 monthly rate plan includes 250 mins call, unlimited text

Lets say you added $50 on your account, and you have the $25 monthly rate plan. For this month it will deduct $25 from your $50 in order for the rate plan to work. Thus leaving you with $25 on your account balance for the next rate plan charge.

The 90 days expiration was for your account balance, but since its $0 ,it would no longer count.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Okay, um, this morning I got a text saying something about money having been added to my account balance. Now on the myprepaidrefill website it lets me order a data package, even though my account balance is listed as $0.

Just to clarify, here's what the website is showing me:

Rate plan:$25 Monthly
Rate plan expiration:Thursday, November 07, 2013
Account balance:$0.00  USD
Account balance expiration:Tuesday, January 07, 2014

So what exactly does this mean? I think it means that the $25 I paid for will last until January if it's not completely used by then, and that in November it will ... what? I'm not sure. Recalculate something that won't have any effect until I put more money in?

Also, if I buy a data package how long will it last? 30 days? 90 days? Whereas if I switch to the $40 rate plan, will the 200 MB last the whole 90 days (if I haven't used them up by then)?

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

Im sorry if my explanation is a bit off, but i do hope you would understand somehow 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Ah ... okay, sorry. I saw where it said stuff expires in 90 days, and I thought that meant the minutes and texts that I paid for would last that long. Which is partly because that's how GoPhone used to work ... I'd buy a package of minutes for my smartphone, and it'd last me 3 months.

Are you certain that's not how this works?

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I am certain! 

Unless you're on the pay per use plans ( eg. 10c/min plan and $2 daily unlimited plan) , then probably it would last you 3 months. The diffirence with the monthly rate plan  is that you have to pay the amount of your rate plan every month. so you have to make sure that you maintain a minimum amount of money every month to pay for the plan.

By the way im on the 10c/min plan. I added $50 on my acct. good for 90 days, i still have around $16 on my account

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Okay, thanks 😞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.