Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2011
1:20:48 AM
View profile
New SIM card or use existing?

In Jan 2011 bought an ATT SIM card for a US visit and it worked fine. Planning to re-visit again in November and wondered if I should get a new SIM card or use my existing one? As I have let it expire because I'm not in the US inbetween those dates, I tried to access my number on the ATT web site but the system won't recognise it. Not bothered about keeping the number.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

In Jan 2011 bought an ATT SIM card for a US visit and it worked fine. Planning to re-visit again in November and wondered if I should get a new SIM card or use my existing one? As I have let it expire because I'm not in the US inbetween those dates, I tried to access my number on the ATT web site but the system won't recognise it. Not bothered about keeping the number.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 20, 2011 5:21:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You'll have to get a new SIM - once you've gone beyond 60 days after the last refill expiration, the SIM is permanently deactivated and cannot be reused.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

New SIM card or use existing?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 20, 2011 5:21:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You'll have to get a new SIM - once you've gone beyond 60 days after the last refill expiration, the SIM is permanently deactivated and cannot be reused.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New SIM card or use existing?

2 of 4 (2,154 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 20, 2011 6:30:02 AM
(0)
Voyager
Thanks for the info hme83.
Thanks for the info hme83.

3 of 4 (2,146 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2011 4:41:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

4 of 4 (2,113 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments