Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 26, 2013
4:47:18 PM
View profile
My GoPhone wont send or receive text messages

Two days ago i bought the $25.00 monthly rate plan which gives me 250 talk minutes and unlimtited messaging. Since then my phone hasn't been able to send or receive messages (my friends have tried to text me and I didn't get it and vice versa.) I called the 611 number to double check and it says that I have the plan and that i have the unlimited messaging. This is very frusterating and I would love to know how to fix this asap. 

Two days ago i bought the $25.00 monthly rate plan which gives me 250 talk minutes and unlimtited messaging. Since then my phone hasn't been able to send or receive messages (my friends have tried to text me and I didn't get it and vice versa.) I called the 611 number to double check and it says that I have the plan and that i have the unlimited messaging. This is very frusterating and I would love to know how to fix this asap. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 27, 2013 7:42:23 AM
(0)
Employee

Hey there sammedica.

Please see if you can get a text message from AT&T.  Dial *777*2# and press send to see if you receive a text message back with your current message balance.

Please also check our Troubleshooting Topics and click on Text Messaging for additional support.

Thanks so much. ~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

My GoPhone wont send or receive text messages

7 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 27, 2013 7:42:23 AM
(0)
Employee

Hey there sammedica.

Please see if you can get a text message from AT&T.  Dial *777*2# and press send to see if you receive a text message back with your current message balance.

Please also check our Troubleshooting Topics and click on Text Messaging for additional support.

Thanks so much. ~Delia

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hey there sammedica.

Thanks so much. ~Delia

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: My GoPhone wont send or receive text messages

2 of 8 (17,801 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2013 1:32:39 PM
(0)
Master
I bought a $25 refill card the same day as you and my service was working immediately. What phone are you using?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I bought a $25 refill card the same day as you and my service was working immediately. What phone are you using?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

3 of 8 (17,785 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 11:29:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ennaid0024 on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:59:40 PM

I have the same problem, i dial *777*2# and the message says "0 messages remaining" I have $25 Monthly plan

I have the same problem, i dial *777*2# and the message says "0 messages remaining" I have $25 Monthly plan

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (17,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2013 6:57:35 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Jun 28, 2013 at 6:58:17 PM

ennaid0024 wrote:

Mine does the same thing, but my service activated immediately last Tuesday when I refilled my account. 

Try dialing *777*1# and check to see how many minutes you have remaining. Perhaps that could tell you if your service is active. If you have 250/how ever many minutes are left remaining, then your service is active. If it says 0 remaining, then your service may not have been activated, allowing you not to be able to send/receive text messages.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

ennaid0024 wrote:

Mine does the same thing, but my service activated immediately last Tuesday when I refilled my account. 

Try dialing *777*1# and check to see how many minutes you have remaining. Perhaps that could tell you if your service is active. If you have 250/how ever many minutes are left remaining, then your service is active. If it says 0 remaining, then your service may not have been activated, allowing you not to be able to send/receive text messages.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

[ Edited ]
5 of 8 (17,697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 8:37:33 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi ennaid0024,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to help with your text messaging. 

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi ennaid0024,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to help with your text messaging. 

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

6 of 8 (17,635 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2013 8:32:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the exact same problem, can't send or receive text messages, except that I tried the number to get how many messages I had left and it informed me that I had 191 out of 200 left. But still I cannot send or receive text messages from my contacts.

I have the exact same problem, can't send or receive text messages, except that I tried the number to get how many messages I had left and it informed me that I had 191 out of 200 left. But still I cannot send or receive text messages from my contacts.

7 of 8 (17,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 11:15:18 AM
(0)
Contributor
I'm having the same problem. Spent hours at att store and on phone w tech support myself. Got new SIM card, fixed the problem for less than a day then it's back to not sending texts or making calls. I called *777*2# and it says my remaining messages are 0, even though I just activated this phone 4 DAYS AGO on the $25 plan with unlimited texting. I'm rather irritated and will be making my 4th trip to att store in 4 days
I'm having the same problem. Spent hours at att store and on phone w tech support myself. Got new SIM card, fixed the problem for less than a day then it's back to not sending texts or making calls. I called *777*2# and it says my remaining messages are 0, even though I just activated this phone 4 DAYS AGO on the $25 plan with unlimited texting. I'm rather irritated and will be making my 4th trip to att store in 4 days

8 of 8 (15,873 Views)