Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Pier23's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 6th, 2014 9:02 PM

Is there a GO phone plan which allows me to buy minutes without a monthly time restriction?

Hi;

We just recently bought a GO phone to use as an adjunct phone for our business. We bought a trial 250 minute plan, but that expires after 30 days. We probably won't use that much time.

Is there a plan in which we can buy a block of minutes for use without a time restriction? We can use the minutes if it takes 30 day,60 days, 180 days....??

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

While there are minute packages available, I do not think they would be ideal for what you are looking for. Your best bet would be to switch to the $0.10 per minute pay per use plan and use the money/minutes that way - $0.10 per minute, so 10 minutes for $1. There is still a time restriction associated with however much money you choose to add to the account. The more money you add to the account, the more time you have. $10 and $15 refills will last for a mere 30 days. $25 and $50 will last for 90 days, and $100 will last for up to one calendar year. Choose what amount you think would suit you best depending on how much money you are willing to spend and how many minutes you plan on using.

Hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you...we are testing out the phone and reception now...we are in an "underserved" cell area in SE Ohio so we are trying to find the best of the bad options we have.

While on the topic, we are using a WalMart $20 Samsung -going for the least lost money if this idea doesn't work out. What would be the best phone for marginal reception areas?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

I have used Samsungs in the past and they have been pretty good signal-wise. Most people swear by Nokia, although I have no experience with them. The iPhone I use also does very well as far as holding a good signal - actually one of the best out of all the phones I have ever used.

AT&T does sell MicroCell "towers" that can be placed inside your home to boost your signal. I am not sure if they are available to use with prepaid service. You might have to inquire about that if you decide to stick with AT&T's GoPhone service.

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

Microcell towers are only for postpaid unfortunately
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.