Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jan 6, 2014
1:02:50 PM
View profile
Is there a GO phone plan which allows me to buy minutes without a monthly time restriction?

Hi;

We just recently bought a GO phone to use as an adjunct phone for our business. We bought a trial 250 minute plan, but that expires after 30 days. We probably won't use that much time.

Is there a plan in which we can buy a block of minutes for use without a time restriction? We can use the minutes if it takes 30 day,60 days, 180 days....??

Thank you.

Hi;

We just recently bought a GO phone to use as an adjunct phone for our business. We bought a trial 250 minute plan, but that expires after 30 days. We probably won't use that much time.

Is there a plan in which we can buy a block of minutes for use without a time restriction? We can use the minutes if it takes 30 day,60 days, 180 days....??

Thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 6, 2014 4:32:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
While there are minute packages available, I do not think they would be ideal for what you are looking for. Your best bet would be to switch to the $0.10 per minute pay per use plan and use the money/minutes that way - $0.10 per minute, so 10 minutes for $1. There is still a time restriction associated with however much money you choose to add to the account. The more money you add to the account, the more time you have. $10 and $15 refills will last for a mere 30 days. $25 and $50 will last for 90 days, and $100 will last for up to one calendar year. Choose what amount you think would suit you best depending on how much money you are willing to spend and how many minutes you plan on using.

Hope this helps!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Is there a GO phone plan which allows me to buy minutes without a monthly time restriction?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 6, 2014 4:32:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
While there are minute packages available, I do not think they would be ideal for what you are looking for. Your best bet would be to switch to the $0.10 per minute pay per use plan and use the money/minutes that way - $0.10 per minute, so 10 minutes for $1. There is still a time restriction associated with however much money you choose to add to the account. The more money you add to the account, the more time you have. $10 and $15 refills will last for a mere 30 days. $25 and $50 will last for 90 days, and $100 will last for up to one calendar year. Choose what amount you think would suit you best depending on how much money you are willing to spend and how many minutes you plan on using.

Hope this helps!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Hope this helps!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is there a GO phone plan which allows me to buy minutes without a monthly time restriction?

2 of 5 (2,329 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 5:39:12 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you...we are testing out the phone and reception now...we are in an "underserved" cell area in SE Ohio so we are trying to find the best of the bad options we have.

While on the topic, we are using a WalMart $20 Samsung -going for the least lost money if this idea doesn't work out. What would be the best phone for marginal reception areas?

Thank you...we are testing out the phone and reception now...we are in an "underserved" cell area in SE Ohio so we are trying to find the best of the bad options we have.

While on the topic, we are using a WalMart $20 Samsung -going for the least lost money if this idea doesn't work out. What would be the best phone for marginal reception areas?

Re: Is there a GO phone plan which allows me to buy minutes without a monthly time restriction?

3 of 5 (2,254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 4:06:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I have used Samsungs in the past and they have been pretty good signal-wise. Most people swear by Nokia, although I have no experience with them. The iPhone I use also does very well as far as holding a good signal - actually one of the best out of all the phones I have ever used.

AT&T does sell MicroCell "towers" that can be placed inside your home to boost your signal. I am not sure if they are available to use with prepaid service. You might have to inquire about that if you decide to stick with AT&T's GoPhone service.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I have used Samsungs in the past and they have been pretty good signal-wise. Most people swear by Nokia, although I have no experience with them. The iPhone I use also does very well as far as holding a good signal - actually one of the best out of all the phones I have ever used.

AT&T does sell MicroCell "towers" that can be placed inside your home to boost your signal. I am not sure if they are available to use with prepaid service. You might have to inquire about that if you decide to stick with AT&T's GoPhone service.

4 of 5 (2,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 7:04:43 PM
(0)
Scholar
Microcell towers are only for postpaid unfortunately
Microcell towers are only for postpaid unfortunately

5 of 5 (1,990 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments