Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
RichEuropean's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 8:50 AM

International Go-Phone

I am an Irish Resident. I spend 15 days per month in the Usa and Canada.

I signed up to AT&T on Lexington Av NYC in December 2013. 

I required a USA phone number for my USA customers and I wanted to use the device in Ireland and the USA.

I have received multiple different answers from a variety of AT&T staff by phone, in stores and by chat.

Initially I had to be a customer for 6 months and then the phone would be unlocked and I could use it anywhere in the world. It is now 9 months, my phone is unlocked and I cant use it anywhere in the world.

Can someone tell me if they have had similar experiences. Because it seems to me the device only works in the USA/Canada and Mexico. That is hardly International by my perspective, on the contrary the phone works in just 3 jurisdictions and by national perspective, these are all local countries to the USA.

Can someone tell me if I have been sold and complete lie here, will the phone work anywhere in the world? do the staff know the answer? does the chat system work on this site? and/or is there another provider that could give me the service I want, beacuse currently when I get back to Europe my customers cannot contact me???

Richard

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, RichEuropean!

Thanks for posting. While it's true that unlocking a device means it can be used on other networks, the device itself may not be compatible with certain networks. It sounds like this may be the case with your GoPhone, but we would be happy to double check for you. Please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi 

I have sent you my details through private message as requested.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I recenetly had a similar situation where my Go-Phone would not work internationally. I was told that it requires a Passport Plan, but that it is not available for pre-paid accounts like the Go-Phone. Were you able to get the help you needed with your situation? I was was not and with I had known more before I was stuck in Germany and unable to contact anyone in my traveling party.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.