Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
way0909's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 9:59 AM

If I buy an AT&T HTC Titan full price can I use it on the prepaid service?

I want to get the HTC Titan but it's not with the prepaid phones.

So I was wondering if I purchased it without a contract if I could use it with the $50 unlimited plan with talk/text/data?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Well, a better answer would be 'yes' and 'no'.

You can indeed use a Titan on prepaid and it will work absolutely fine, but with the $50 Unlimited Talk, Text, & Web plan, you cannot use unlimited data usage because it is not permitted for smartphones. You would have to purchase a separate data package if you want to use prepaid data services.

In summary: you can use the phone with the $50/monthly plan, but you have to purchase a separate package for data services.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, that is correct. However, because the GoPhone data packages are different than the post paid ones, $25 will not get you 2GB, but rather 500MB instead.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

No, you can't, according to http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/pyg-cell-phone-plans.jsp.

The unlimited data is for eligible phones only, and the special note at the bottom says, "†Smartphone users must purchase a data package to use data services with any plan. Pay-per-use is not available with smartphones."

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:
Well, a better answer would be 'yes' and 'no'.

You can indeed use a Titan on prepaid and it will work absolutely fine, but with the $50 Unlimited Talk, Text, & Web plan, you cannot use unlimited data usage because it is not permitted for smartphones. You would have to purchase a separate data package if you want to use prepaid data services.

In summary: you can use the phone with the $50/monthly plan, but you have to purchase a separate package for data services.

So if I switched to the $25 unlimited prepaid plan (talk/text) and then bought a $25 2GB data plan it will be okay? 

I just barley ever talk and in contracts you have to have talk plans and it seems silly paying for about 400 minutes when I talk not even 15 minutes a month.

Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.