Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
crimewatch's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, October 27th, 2008 12:19 AM

Closed

I hate my phone

Smiley Sad Samsung don't sing.  AD Model 8GH-A117

I use this phone for emergencies only. I learned the hard way about rollover and expiration after having to replace the GoPhone I bought at Fry's.  That was a $40 mistake.

I hate that I always seem to hang up on callers when I fish the phone out of my pocket and hit the button on the side (volume control I think?)

So I guess my question is, are there other choices for phones in the prepaid AT&T world?

Anyone know if my Sprint Treo 700p Palm will work on AT&T network? If so, could I transfer my GoPhone number to it?

If I'm stuck with this phone, what are my handsfree or ear piece options?  Can't use it in the car any more.

I appreciate any suggestions member might offer. 

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

crimewatch wrote:
Smiley Sad Samsung don't sing.  AD Model 8GH-A117
     I use this phone for emergencies only. I learned the hard way about rollover and expiration after having to replace the GoPhone I bought at Fry's.  That was a $40 mistake.
     I hate that I always seem to hang up on callers when I fish the phone out of my pocket and hit the button on the side (volume control I think?)
          So I guess my question is, are there other choices for phones in the prepaid AT&T world?
     Anyone know if my Sprint Treo 700p Palm will work on AT&T network? If so, could I transfer my GoPhone number to it?
     If I'm stuck with this phone, what are my handsfree or ear piece options?  Can't use it in the car any more.
I appreciate any suggestions member might offer. 

You can use any phone that is a GSM  compatible phone for use on AT&T's network {You just have to make sure it has preferrably both  800/850 and 1900 Mhz support and is either locked to AT&T Mobility and or Cingular or a unlocked phone}.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

15 years ago

You have now received guidance on what sort of phone is needed.

To that I would like to add that there lots of very nice GSM phones new and used, cheap to expensive to choose from.  Some hang on pegs in orange Go Phone boxes alongside the one you bought.  Used ones abound and most modern T-mobile phones are fine if unlocked.  You can even buy direct from manufacturer stores.  Go phone online store sometimes has outstanding deals. Currently offered A437 isn't bad at all.

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

15 years ago

Sprint phones will not work in the at&t network as they are not compatible.  They are CDMA phones (non sim card phones),a
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.