Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 4, 2014
6:35:49 PM
View profile
How to unlock a go-phone?

How do I unlock a Gophone that I have only used as a back-up phone when my main cell phone is not functioning properly.  That is, the go phone doesn't have its own number and AT&T won't help me without a phone number associated with it.  What do i do?  I need to use this phone when I travel to Africa this summer.

How do I unlock a Gophone that I have only used as a back-up phone when my main cell phone is not functioning properly.  That is, the go phone doesn't have its own number and AT&T won't help me without a phone number associated with it.  What do i do?  I need to use this phone when I travel to Africa this summer.

How to unlock a go-phone?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 4, 2014 7:06:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by adidaskid808 on May 4, 2014 at 7:13:35 PM

OK, what type/make/ of Gophone you have??

Is that the one you brought in Walmart with a Gophone package??
Don't you know most Gophone (3G,4G LTE) will not work in Africa even you get it unlocked because of the operating frequency bands are different ??

OK, what type/make/ of Gophone you have??

Is that the one you brought in Walmart with a Gophone package??
Don't you know most Gophone (3G,4G LTE) will not work in Africa even you get it unlocked because of the operating frequency bands are different ??

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to unlock a go-phone?

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2014 12:24:27 PM
(0)
Employee

I would also like to add that you can view all of the requirements to unlock your AT&T device right on att.com at their unlock website.  I unlocked my Nokia Lumia while I was on GoPhone service through this link: 

AT&T Device Unlock

I would also like to add that you can view all of the requirements to unlock your AT&T device right on att.com at their unlock website.  I unlocked my Nokia Lumia while I was on GoPhone service through this link: 

AT&T Device Unlock

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How to unlock a go-phone?

3 of 3 (1,633 Views)