Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
fusion2's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2013 12:41 AM

How to send/recieve mms (pictures) on gophone fusion2?

I just got a new go phone, a Fusion 2. I have the $25 per month plan with unlimited messaging/250 minutes of calling. It says the unlimited messaging includes unlimited picture messaging also. However, when i try sending a picture all it says it sending and it never gets sent. I read that i need my data turned on and i tried that and yes it works but isn't it supposed to let me do this without using my data? currently i have $5 worth on it, and i don't want to use that up.

So how do i get mms to work without using my data?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Normal texts (SMS) use the voice network, MMS uses the Internet (data) to deliver the picture. The confusion seems to come in this case in the difference between how it works and how it's billed. The MMS will use data, and a data tracking app on your phone may record the data used, but it is not billed as such. The billing system sees an MMS message and bills it as a picture message, which in your case is included a part of your plan. Data is used, but not billed as data, as it is only being used for transmitting the picture. Hope this helps!

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

The data used in sending and receiving picture messages is included in your unlimited messaging, it will not use your data plan. Your data connection DOES need to be turned on when you're trying to send or receive picture messages (MMS). You won't be able to send/receive picture messages without having your data conneection active. I'd suggest , in order to save on your $5 data plan, when you're not planning on sending/receiving pics, to turn your data connection off, just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

what if it does appear to be using my data? I am using this traffic app and it shows that the data I have left decreased after sending a picture.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@fusion2 wrote:
what if it does appear to be using my data? I am using this traffic app and it shows that the data I have left decreased after sending a picture.

Sending a picture (MMS) should not use your data since it is included in whatever Messaging Plan that you have. If anything could be using your data, it's probably whatever traffic app that you're using. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you sooo much!

I have another question though, is there a way to make sure when i turn on my data to send/recieve a picture that nothing else such as facebook ends up using actual data thus charging me for internet?

would i have to just make sure i am logged out of everything for that to not happen or it is unlikely that apps would automatically try using my data in that short amount of time i need to keep it on?

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

You definitely need to make sure you log out of fb. You can go to your apps and see which ones are running in the background and stop whichever ones that you don't want to be running. I check mine frequently because they do use data little bits at a time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

On my gophone I dont have data only talk and text but it worked the first day to send and recive pictures now it says downloadin when I get one and also says sending when I send but never does how do I fix this problem and I have no internet

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @dezzy13 

A go phone line has to have at least a pay per use data plan to send and receive picture messages. Are you asking about the same phone you used to post on the forums? It says you're using a Samsung SPH-M830.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

You don't need a data plan however the phone needs data access b/c mms doesn't work with wifi. If you have the old $2 daily, $25 monthly plan and had data access removed to avoid accidental pay per use data charge then mms will not work. To fix it call customer care ask to change your plan to the one that has no pay per use data. It's program to allow mms access with no issue. All you need to care about then is to ensure your device support mms, wifi turn off,device has correct mms apn. Note that there are just a few devices out there that will let you send / receive mms with wifi turn on. If you have unlimited msg with your plan then you should be able to get mms. Good luck!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

They have 3 new plan that has no pay per use data and that will still let you have mms.it's very good for customers who use to incur accidental data charges and had to call to dispute those charges. They are $.10 per minute no ppu data /$2 daily no ppu data /$25 monthly no ppu data.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.