Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 27, 2014
5:38:39 AM
View profile
How do I change my GoPhone plan online?

I live outside the States and use the GoPhone only when I visit. Sometimes it's just for a week, other times for a month. I was told by an ATT customer service representative this spring I could change my plan at any time, back and forth between the $2 a day and the $60 or $40 a month. But I can't find where to change the plan on the web site. How can I change my rate plan without incurring the $2 daily fee just to start the phone in the U.S.?

I live outside the States and use the GoPhone only when I visit. Sometimes it's just for a week, other times for a month. I was told by an ATT customer service representative this spring I could change my plan at any time, back and forth between the $2 a day and the $60 or $40 a month. But I can't find where to change the plan on the web site. How can I change my rate plan without incurring the $2 daily fee just to start the phone in the U.S.?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 27, 2014 7:42:29 AM
(0)
Employee

I just wanted to share that you can now change your GoPhone rate plans and packages online! 

1. Go to att.com/myatt, text APP to 8758, or download the myAT&T app from your app store to get started.
  2. Log in with your GoPhone wireless number and 4-digit password.  (If you don't have a login, the user name is your 10-digit wireless number, and the initial password is set to the last 4 digits of your wireless number. Enter that as the password and we'll prompt you to change your password to something more memorable for you. Your password will be confirmed to you via text).
  3. When you are logged in, select your rate plan and confirm! The changes will be applied immediately!  Woman Wink

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

How do I change my GoPhone plan online?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2014 3:31:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

@UWvisitorAccording to the following site, doesn't look like you can change plans online.  I do see the option to manage your plan through their phone system though..

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?cv=821&sid=KB92527&ct=1500006#fbid=d6-kUUvFahb

@UWvisitorAccording to the following site, doesn't look like you can change plans online.  I do see the option to manage your plan through their phone system though..

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?cv=821&sid=KB92527&ct=1500006#fbid=d6-kUUvFahb

Re: How do I change my GoPhone plan online?

2 of 6 (2,825 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2014 10:17:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

You cannot change your plan online.
Calling  611 to AT&T on your phone is free in USA & Canada.
 It will NOT  incurring the $2 daily fee.

You cannot change your plan online.
Calling  611 to AT&T on your phone is free in USA & Canada.
 It will NOT  incurring the $2 daily fee.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (2,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 27, 2014 7:42:29 AM
(0)
Employee

I just wanted to share that you can now change your GoPhone rate plans and packages online! 

1. Go to att.com/myatt, text APP to 8758, or download the myAT&T app from your app store to get started.
  2. Log in with your GoPhone wireless number and 4-digit password.  (If you don't have a login, the user name is your 10-digit wireless number, and the initial password is set to the last 4 digits of your wireless number. Enter that as the password and we'll prompt you to change your password to something more memorable for you. Your password will be confirmed to you via text).
  3. When you are logged in, select your rate plan and confirm! The changes will be applied immediately!  Woman Wink

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (2,483 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2014 7:49:15 AM
(0)
Master
This must have been a recent change. I remember trying to change a go phone plan online only about a month before your post.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
This must have been a recent change. I remember trying to change a go phone plan online only about a month before your post.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

5 of 6 (2,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2016 11:32:17 AM
(0)
Contributor
My plan changes on the 20th of the month but would like it to be the 2nd of every month, how would I go about doing that. I need it changed asap.
My plan changes on the 20th of the month but would like it to be the 2nd of every month, how would I go about doing that. I need it changed asap.

6 of 6 (46 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments