Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
recycle_bin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 12th, 2015 4:45 AM

GoPhone Questions

I am planning on getting a Nokia Lumia Windows phone, but I have a few questions about GoPhone.

1. I currently have a regular flip phone on a GoPhone plan. Is it possible for me to use the same SIM on the Nokia Lumia so I still keep my account balance?

2. Do I have to get an unlocked Nokia for a GoPhone plan or could I opt for an AT&T Nokia instead?

3. Can I make purchases in the Windows App Store with my GoPhone balance?

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

You can certainly use the existing SIM card if its the same size as the new Lumia phone. If its not stop by an AT&T Corporate store for the properly sized card.

I purchased my old Lumia 520 direct from an AT&T Corporate store. No need to purchase an unlocked Lumia unless that is your preference. The nice thing about an unlocked phone is you can use it on any carrier so for example if you want to travel to Europe you can use a local SIM to save on roaming charges.

AFAIK you can not use GoPhone balance monies to purchase apps, etc from the Windows Store. You setup a seperate account with Microsoft for that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.