Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 6, 2013
11:28:55 AM
View profile
Go Phone

Currently have an AT&T LG Encore phone. I want to purchase one just like it and found quite a few brand new ones on Ebay. Yes, they are AT&T. Can I purchase it on Ebay and then just put my SIM card in it? or do I have to take it into an AT&T store and have them do it?

Currently have an AT&T LG Encore phone. I want to purchase one just like it and found quite a few brand new ones on Ebay. Yes, they are AT&T. Can I purchase it on Ebay and then just put my SIM card in it? or do I have to take it into an AT&T store and have them do it?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 6, 2013 6:35:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you can simply purchase the phone from eBay and immediately place your SIM card in yourself and begin using it. Smiley Happy

Be mindful that your SIM card may be temporarily locked to your original Encore, if that was the IMEI number that you activated your SIM card with. If you've been using your phone for about six months or more, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Go Phone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 6, 2013 6:35:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you can simply purchase the phone from eBay and immediately place your SIM card in yourself and begin using it. Smiley Happy

Be mindful that your SIM card may be temporarily locked to your original Encore, if that was the IMEI number that you activated your SIM card with. If you've been using your phone for about six months or more, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Go Phone

2 of 4 (1,546 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 12:37:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much!

3 of 4 (1,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2013 3:54:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You're welcome!

4 of 4 (1,393 Views)