Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Simon Chan's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 7:12 AM

Go Phone plans for oversea student bringing an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505?

Hi,

My son will start his schooling in US this Sept.

After browing the ATT shop and it seems the $25/mo plan are good enough for him as his boarding school got full wifi coverage.

I will drive him for a tour for around 2 weeks on Aug before his schooling...

So can I buy him a Go Phone SIM and start a GoPhone plan with 60/mo for the first month for the GPS and then switch to 25/mo plan in the second month and hereafter?

Also how to pay the monthly charges as my son still cannot get a credit card with his age...

Can I pay with my credit card (non USA credit) to join the plan ?

Many thx

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

For Gophone pay as you go account,I don't think there is an age limit.
He can get the account under his name,his school address.
With the account payment ,like I told you early, you can put up to US$500 and let AT&T taken it out the monthly charge of $25 every month.
Or, if money running low, you can also buy (充值券) at any Walmart,Walgreens, CVS ,Target etc etc......To add money into the account 🙂

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Simon Chan wrote:
Thanks.
But my son is only 15 now... So I hv to purchase the plan with my name?
Can I add $ to the bill account of the SIM card and change the plan to $25/mo when I left US?

Many thanks again

I'm honestly not sure if there is an age limit when it comes to establishing a prepaid GoPhone account. For some reason I feel like there isn't. 

You may be able to add money to the account once it's set up using your non-U.S. credit card, but I am not 100% certain because I have never used a credit card to add money to my personal account balance. I would definitely recommend changing your son's rate plan from the $60 monthly plan to the $25 monthly plan (if that's what you're interested in doing) before you leave the U.S. just to ensure everything is how you want it. Once you're back overseas, it can often be very difficult to change the plan unless your son would have the phone in his possession. 

Hope this helps. Good luck! 

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

You come with your son to USA.
Please go to any Crop. Store of AT&T and they will help you out with the SIM card and payment.
Also, you can put up to US $500 into your account and let AT&T take out the $25 monthly.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Many thx for your great help.

But can I use a 60/mo for the first month and then switch to 25/mo in the second...

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Tell them what you need at AT&T Crop. store.
They will help.
But I think calling 611 and D.I.Y. are more easy to do .

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, you may select the $60 per month plan for the first month and then downgrade to the $25 monthly plan. You can do this by calling 611 and saying "change my rate plan."

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

10 years ago

Frankly, AT&T is one of the best service provider, of course with expensive plan. You can go to ringplus.net and get a cheap phone from Swappa.com, Thanks for the options.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks.
But my son is only 15 now... So I hv to purchase the plan with my name?
Can I add $ to the bill account of the SIM card and change the plan to $25/mo when I left US?

Many thanks again

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Many thanks again.

Also want to know if any area code limits with the prepaid card.

Can I buy it in Seattle and use in Oregon (my son's school there) or other cities with his travel?

Thanks

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Simon Chan Nope, there are no area code restrictions that dictate where you can or cannot purchase your prepaid refill card. You can buy it anywhere nationwide and use it anywhere nationwide.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.