Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 17, 2013
5:52:47 PM
View profile
Go Phone compatibility with the 10 cent/minute plan

So I have the 10 cent/minute plan with an add on text package. I reallly like it cuz I only text and this way I pay only $25 every two months.  I really don't want to switch plans, because it works well for me.  Also my parents woon't pay for data for me and I really don't see a need for it.  My question is regarding phone compatability.  I used to have an LG Neon which I dropped and broke.  I wanted to replace it but they don't make them anymore.  So I was thinking of the Neon II (GW370 or Rumour plus) which I can get through LG and it says it is AT&T compatible.  I was wondering if I could use it.  The guy at the AT&T store said I could put my sim card in pretty much any phone and use it but I wanted to know if I could do that and keep my plan.  I'd really appreciate it.  I like slider phones and there aren't any slider gophones offered anymore online. 

So I have the 10 cent/minute plan with an add on text package. I reallly like it cuz I only text and this way I pay only $25 every two months.  I really don't want to switch plans, because it works well for me.  Also my parents woon't pay for data for me and I really don't see a need for it.  My question is regarding phone compatability.  I used to have an LG Neon which I dropped and broke.  I wanted to replace it but they don't make them anymore.  So I was thinking of the Neon II (GW370 or Rumour plus) which I can get through LG and it says it is AT&T compatible.  I was wondering if I could use it.  The guy at the AT&T store said I could put my sim card in pretty much any phone and use it but I wanted to know if I could do that and keep my plan.  I'd really appreciate it.  I like slider phones and there aren't any slider gophones offered anymore online. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 6:28:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you can definitely use a Neon II with your GoPhone plan. I almost forgot that they made a successor for the original Neon. Smiley Tongue

The guy at the AT&T store was correct. Essentially, you could insert your SIM card into any AT&T branded or compatible unlocked phone and no changes to your plan, account balance, phone number, etc. would be made. Everything would stay the same. The only difference is that you would be using a different phone.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Go Phone compatibility with the 10 cent/minute plan

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 6:28:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you can definitely use a Neon II with your GoPhone plan. I almost forgot that they made a successor for the original Neon. Smiley Tongue

The guy at the AT&T store was correct. Essentially, you could insert your SIM card into any AT&T branded or compatible unlocked phone and no changes to your plan, account balance, phone number, etc. would be made. Everything would stay the same. The only difference is that you would be using a different phone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Go Phone compatibility with the 10 cent/minute plan

2 of 4 (3,047 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 6:57:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

Okay, thanks! That's good to hear. Smiley Happy 

Okay, thanks! That's good to hear. Smiley Happy 

3 of 4 (3,035 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 7:10:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, it is.

You're welcome! Enjoy your new phone! Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yes, it is.

You're welcome! Enjoy your new phone! Smiley Happy

4 of 4 (3,028 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments