Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
adidaskid808's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

Friday, January 24th, 2014 3:52 PM

From $2 daily to $60 per month

I need to switch to the $60 Gophone plan for a month.

Few questions needed help.

1)Can I switch it back to the $2 daily say after 3 weeks?
   Can I call 611 to do the switch ?? 

2) Do I need to add money during my switch back?
    Can I call 611 to switch back??

3) Will I lost all the International minute after I switched?? I had 740 International  minute still left in my account.

4)Do I need to play around with the APN setting on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ,N900T??
   I don't think I need to,but like to know just in case.

Thanks for the input.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

110 Messages

10 years ago

Yes you can switch to the $2 anytime, its not necessary to add money, but you cant use the service. Your long distance package would still remain. And yes you can make the switch using 611. Say rate plan or press 3 . Choose $2 and say switch over. Be sure to be in a quiet place, ivr too sensitive.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Have that switch over this morning .

Now I found out you can only have a max.of 750 international LD call min.in your account.
Maybe I need to call back to Canada more offen when I'm down South??Smiley Tongue

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

You can switch plan anytime with the prepaid service, however sometimes you may have to make a payment to start the new plan. If you have a monthly plan , you enter an agreement to pay X amount of dollar for a 30 day service. changing the plan early or cancel your service is an automatic forfeit of that monthly plan. Under certain circumstance (use less than 15 of the plan) the representative may choose to refund you the full plan and start up the new one. other times you may get a partial refund (prorated amount--you pay $60, you used 18 days you get a refund for 12 days about $24...rep may round to $25). It's possible that you use more that 15 days and still get full refund depending on your account history.For the Note 3 you may have to check the apn for mms but if they are working with your current plan you shouldn't have an issue.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Everything was working fine with AT&T. My first IPad still working fine with 3G.Not LTE.

About the Note 3 ,as you may know it is a T XXXXXX unlocked phone.

I just put the AT&T micro SIM card in and everything working great.

Too bad I cannot use T XXXXXX on that phone because of the region lock.

This is a new thing with Samsung,I think the dealer sold me the phone do not know that at all.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Changing the plan early is an automatic forfeit of that monthly plan!

That is correct OH45669.

I had used the $60 plan for 7 days, Used 500MB of data
 25 mins of local phone call,40 SMS,12 mins on my Long distance package.

Change back to the $2 plan this afternoon,yes ,any data left are gone, and my $60 !! !!

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

did you call and speak to a rep,they could still give you at least partial refund. it doesnt hurt to ask. even if you already made a pymt.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

I called AT&T this morning...talked to a real person this time.
They do refund $30 .And they even change my expiration date for my balance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.