Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 15, 2014
2:57:17 PM
Device Unlock Form Does Not Recognize My Phone IMEI #

Hello,

I am a gophone customer and I was happy to see after research that AT&T does phone unlock request for gophone customers. I went on the portal but for some reason the portal does not recognize my IMIE number, I know I'm putting the correct one after dialing *#06# as instructed by the prompt but no success. Can anyon assist me please? thank you.

Hello,

I am a gophone customer and I was happy to see after research that AT&T does phone unlock request for gophone customers. I went on the portal but for some reason the portal does not recognize my IMIE number, I know I'm putting the correct one after dialing *#06# as instructed by the prompt but no success. Can anyon assist me please? thank you.

Device Unlock Form Does Not Recognize My Phone IMEI #

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 6:49:00 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @rlouischarles 

Have you been using the phone you're trying to unlock on your Go Phone account? In most cases the system doesn't recognize the IMEI because it was never put on the account, and it needs to be attached to your information for AT&T to locate it.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @rlouischarles 

Have you been using the phone you're trying to unlock on your Go Phone account? In most cases the system doesn't recognize the IMEI because it was never put on the account, and it needs to be attached to your information for AT&T to locate it.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Device Unlock Form Does Not Recognize My Phone IMEI #

2 of 8 (1,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 6:50:00 AM
(0)
Tutor
How do I add it to my account?
How do I add it to my account?

3 of 8 (1,557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 6:52:34 AM
(0)
Community Manager
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Jul 18, 2014 at 6:53:20 AM

You'll want to either call Customer Care or stop by one of our corporate stores for assistance. Out team might be able to help as well, you can send us a private message by clicking here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

You'll want to either call Customer Care or stop by one of our corporate stores for assistance. Out team might be able to help as well, you can send us a private message by clicking here.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (1,555 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 9:23:38 AM
(0)
Tutor

sorry what is customer care number? and do i just ask them to link my gophone account with my cell phone?

sorry what is customer care number? and do i just ask them to link my gophone account with my cell phone?

5 of 8 (1,539 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 12:40:00 PM
(0)
Community Manager

1-800-331-0500, they'll be able to help you out. You don't want to call from the phone in question here as you may need to power it off or restart it while working with them.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

1-800-331-0500, they'll be able to help you out. You don't want to call from the phone in question here as you may need to power it off or restart it while working with them.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

6 of 8 (1,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 2:14:57 PM
(0)
Tutor

thank you, i actually emailed customer care and i was able to get a quick response and resolution.

thank you, i actually emailed customer care and i was able to get a quick response and resolution.

7 of 8 (1,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 2:26:42 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Perfect, thanks for letting us know!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Perfect, thanks for letting us know!

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

8 of 8 (1,502 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments