Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 20, 2014
4:38:47 AM
View profile
Data usage,charges...

I am "trying out" the $40 gophone plan (am a previous Verizon unlimited everything contract customer)    with unlimited text, 500 talk, 500mgb..or that is what it says it is.

Ok, is my 500mg being deducted everytime my phone switches itself from my home wifi to Gophone 3g,

and if so, if I am not online googling or whatever, is the 500 deducted regardless?

When it automatically goes 3G, is the Navigator using the 500mgb?

Everytime I make a call I have to listen to ATT blahblah---does that charge as minutes used?

The Terms of Use is longer than my college final exams, so any help is appreciated.

(how can an ATT employee respond here, but still have a disclaimer....)

I am "trying out" the $40 gophone plan (am a previous Verizon unlimited everything contract customer)    with unlimited text, 500 talk, 500mgb..or that is what it says it is.

Ok, is my 500mg being deducted everytime my phone switches itself from my home wifi to Gophone 3g,

and if so, if I am not online googling or whatever, is the 500 deducted regardless?

When it automatically goes 3G, is the Navigator using the 500mgb?

Everytime I make a call I have to listen to ATT blahblah---does that charge as minutes used?

The Terms of Use is longer than my college final exams, so any help is appreciated.

(how can an ATT employee respond here, but still have a disclaimer....)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 20, 2014 9:11:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Text messages and calls from AT&T do not count.
you may have settings in your phones cellular data section that help restrict the use of cellular data. settings that restrict updates and other high data use from using your mobile data.
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Data usage,charges...

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 20, 2014 7:44:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Data is only deducted when the phone uses data. Switching back and forth from wifi to 3g does not use any data.

Depending on what apps you have downloaed, some apps use data regularly even if you are not using the phone for any other purpose.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Data is only deducted when the phone uses data. Switching back and forth from wifi to 3g does not use any data.

Depending on what apps you have downloaed, some apps use data regularly even if you are not using the phone for any other purpose.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Data usage,charges...

2 of 3 (651 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jul 20, 2014 9:11:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
you may have settings in your phones cellular data section that help restrict the use of cellular data. settings that restrict updates and other high data use from using your mobile data.
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.

Re: Data usage,charges...

3 of 3 (639 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments