Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Amelie's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 24th, 2016 5:44 PM

Current balance

Hello,

Last week I bought a sim card and a refill card (30$) in an at&t store. I'm not comfortable with this kind of account.

I'm in the US only for a few months and I told the seller I don't need a monthly plan. So he advised me to buy a sim card and a refill card. But on my account I can see that I have a $30 monthly plan and my balance is still at $0.0. And I have to renew my plan on October 22nd while my refill card is for 90 days.

So can you help me please ? Can you explain me why I have to renew a monthly plan ? And why I don't have a current balance of $30 ?

Thank you ! 🙂

(English is not my first language so exuse me for the mistakes)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

You bought a monthly plan (actually it is a 30 day plan) that costs $30. The $30 refill card bought the first 30 days. You do not have to refill your account but if you don't, your service will terminate at the end of the 30 days. If you do refill, then you will get another 30 days of service. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Yes but I don't want a monthly plan. I told the seller "it's written monthly plan" and he answered "yes but don't worry you don't have to buy it". I just want to use refill cards when I need. Is it not possible ? Should I go back to the store to stop my monthly plan ?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

It is a 30 day plan and again, you do not have to renew it. You can switch to another plan if you want but you have already paid for 30 days so don't switch until those 30 days are over because you don't get refunds. There are plans that only charge when you use the phone. There is a $0.25 per minute plan and a $2 per day plan. All other plans are for 30 days at a time. The different prepaid plans are here: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.