Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jimbeal's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, June 19th, 2014 9:17 PM

Changing from .10 per min plan to $25 monthly plan.

I have had a gophone for years which I don't use much, but always refill account before expiration, so I have over $350 in the account.  I went into local AT&T store this week and asked if I switch to the $25 per month plan, woulld the $25 per month just be debited from my account balance, and they said sure.  But, now I'm wonder if I have to contine to put $25 per quarter into the account so the balance doesn't expire.  I expected that I wouldn't need to add anything to the account for at least a year ($350 / $25) but when I look at the account it says expiration 07/16/14, which is 90 days from the last time I refilled (over filled?)  the account with $25.   How can I verify whether or not I have to contiue to feed this account quarterly?

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi jimbeal, 

You will need to still refill your account prior to your expiration date, even if you're on the monthly plan. So if you are reloading $25, you'll have to refill every 90 days. You could alternatively refill $100 which would have you good for a year. 

Hope this helps!

Scholar

• 

163 Messages

10 years ago

To get a 1 year expiration, you have to refill your account with $100.

You could call customer support and ask whether you can convert your expiration date to 1 year since you have over $100 in your account.  I can't gaurantee that it will work but it's worth a try.  It worked for me when I called customer support last year.  

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I'm going to try calling CS and see if I can do this.  Otherwise, I will probably just add $100, and by the end of the first year, I would be down to $150 balance, and the end of the 2nd year, about $0.  By that time, my question will be 'will my phone work from 6 feet under?'.  I'm past 70 now.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.