Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Davy49's profile

Mentor

• 

155 Messages

Monday, January 19th, 2015 11:55 AM

Change GO Phone Plan To $45.00/Month Smartphone Plan

Hi,

A few day's ago I bought my wife a new AT&T GO phone,it's a Alcatel C1. I finally got her into the smartphone era, her old phone was a old model Nokia. So I knew she was going to need her phone plan 'upgraded' as well, buy now having a 'smartphone',I knew she would need a more modern type plan that would compliment her smartphone need's. Her old plan was the Nation 250 plan, I started a online chat hoping the chat tech could help me. It got to the point the chat person said they needed to transfer me to a 'billing' chat person, somehow my chat got lost and I wasnever connected. So I decided to dial the 611 number and try and get done what I attempted to via the chat method. Of course my call was transferred to a overseas call center, the man I spoke with didn't really understand me very well, but tried to assist me the best he could. I explained how I bought my wife her new Alcatel C1 GO Phone, and wanted to change her plan to the desired $45.00/month plan. I knew right away I was in trouble when I was told my wifes new phone wasn't a smartphone. I said yes it was, and after talking to someone else agreed with me, he asked me if my wife was under a contract, I said no. He tried to get her plan changed, and did get it changed to something 'similar' to what I wanted, but on the MyAT&T site it's not showing up as the $45.00/month plan. What should I do now, has ayone else had a similar issue ?

Thanks,

David

Employee

• 

581 Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @Davy49 thanks for your post.  Let's get someone to specifically go in to your account to look at this for you.

Please click here to send a private message and in that message, reference the details you mention here in your post.   We have a great team of folks that manage that mailbox that are available to assist you with this issue.

In your message, please include your name, account number, email address, contact number and a good time for you to be reached at that number.  One of our managers will contact you directly within 48 hours of receipt of your message.  ~Delia

Mentor

• 

155 Messages

9 years ago

Hi ATTDelia,

Thanks for your comment's, at this point I'm rather affraid to do anything else about this issue. I thought it would be SO simple to change my wifes plan, since I bought her a new Alcatel C1 smartphone..I was thinking of her when I did so..just getting her a more modern phone. I never dreamed it would be so difficult to get her on a new plan. I even had one AT&T rep. from an overseas call center tell me " Mr. Wright..that phone isn't a smartphone." That really had me concerned..let me know he had no idea what he was talking about. Right now on the MyATT portal under my wifes account info. it shows she has the ' Mobile Share Value Plan 1GB ' . I guess my problem is I really don't understand the difference between a prepaid & postpaid plan. As I don't use AT&T as my mobile phone provider, I'm not that familiar with their stuff.

David

Employee

• 

581 Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @Davy49!  I hope you will give our social media team a chance to look into your account so they can evaluate what has happened.  If you haven't already done so, please click the link I provided in my prior post to send them a private message!

Our GoPhone service has no annual contract, you basically pay for what you need when you need it!  There are packages for smart phones and for basic phones.  The article GoPhone rate plans and packages provides a great description.  For a post paid account you are locked into a contract (various plans available) and billed monthly. Hope that helps clarify the difference between the two. Smiley Happy  ~Delia

Mentor

• 

155 Messages

9 years ago

Hi ATTDelia,

I've been 'talking' to a rep. by the name of LisaM via direct messaging via ATTCares in Twitter. She was supposedly going to call my cell phone # while I was @ work yesterday on my lunch hour @ 12:30 p.m. c.s.t. . I never received a call from her. instead..I received this message from her via twitter, " David I am sorry that I missed the window to call. Can i call on Friday, at the same time? ^LisaM " My reply back to her was the following "LisaM, You can't just check my wifes account & see what's going on with it..why do we need to talk ? " As I work @ a Lowe's store in Texas..I never really know 'exactly' when I'll be able to take my break. To me anyway..this whole process is being made way too DIFFICULT by AT&T. Especially in my case, all I did was be nice to my wife and bought her a newer cell phone than the one she had.

David  Smiley Frustrated

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.