Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Jess3883's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 11:24 PM

Can I transfer sim card to new phone?

Right now I have the prepaid at&t Samsung magnet phone, and I've had it for awhile so I'm wanting to upgrade to a newer phone. I've been looking at unlocked at&t phones and others and wanted to know if I bought a new prepaid at&t phone or an unlocked at&t phone if I could transfer my sim card from my current phone to the new phone and key my number and airtime. I want to stay with a prepaid phone, but I'm not sure if I can just put my sim card into a new phone or even an unlocked phone.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

They're all AT&T locked (most likely), so it should just work.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

ok i just wanted to make sure that as long as my sim card is activated on the at&t network, that this phone will accept it, and not block it, since this a "go phone" reseller and my sim card is not activated by go phone. Please confirm and I'll close this as being solved. thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

i am new to this forum, how do i mark my post as "solved"?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Yes, since it's all AT&T, the locked issue won't be a problem.

*IF* you were trying to use a T-Mobile SIM in the go-phone, then you'd have an issue, for example.

It's already been marked as solved (see earlier answer, with the green-highlighted box), so you shouldn't have to do anything, in that regard.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have an iPhone 6s Plus through att. About a month ago I decided to switch carriers and got a new phone through the new carrier. I still owe money on the iPhone however. Would I be able to sell the iPhone to someone who already has att? Or will it be locked to my account considering there is an outstanding balance? Didn't know if they would just be able to switch out the sim cards from their phone to the iPhone and continue service. Any help would be appreciated! 🙂

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

If you didn't pay off ATT, the phone will remain locked to ATT.  You can sell it as locked.  It would be usable on ATT or Cricket only.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I currently have a Lumia 1020 with an on-plan AT&T service. I would like to now use an Huawei Honor 5x Android phone purchased from Amazon. Can I take the Sim card out of the Lumia 1020 and put it in the Honor 5x?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a phone with AT&T..I want to upgrade to a Smart Phone without a new contract...is it possible after buying an unlocked smart phone to just move my sim card to the new Smart Phone?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, as long as the SIM is the correct size (you can use adapters to fit a larger SIM tray, smaller ones you generally want a new SIM, rather than trimming it), and the phone has the correct bands for AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Can I take my sim card (att) from my android galaxy s5 and place it in another unlocked (att) galaxy s5? I'm trying to stay with Att and purchase another phone that uses a removable battery. Please advise me.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.