Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Farrview's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 23rd, 2011 9:11 PM

Can I convert a Go Phone to a Add A Line?

I have a post pay line that is not under contract.  I am looking to Add a Line that uses my current monthly minutes.  BUT I don't want a 2 Year contract on the line addition.  So I was thinking about picking up a Go Phone because it has a very low device price and No contract. 

Would I then be able to "Add a Line" and bring this Go Phone over to the Post Pay?

In the end would I end up with an extra line $10 a month and same minutes and no contract changes on my current and new line?   This would be ideal for me. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

Yes - you can convert an existing GoPhone line of service to post paid as an additional line under a family plan.  And if you provide your own device (i.e. GoPhone) for the additional family plan line, it should not be placed under contract.  The only small variance I see from what you'd like is you will have a slightly different pool of minutes to share than you currently have under an individual plan.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

That is correct, although with a family plan of only two lines, the additional line charge is included in the $59/month fee - so it would be $20/month more for a shared bucket of 550 minutes.  (The additional $10 line fee would not come into play unless you are adding a third + line of service.)

It seems deceptive when they say "Add a line for only $10" - but it is an accurate statement if you are already a family plan member.  And a family plan is a significantly better deal than two individuals paying $40/month each for individual service. 😉  (If you need unlimited messaging, the family messaging plan is also a better deal than individual unlimited messaging.)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

@hme83 wrote:

The only small variance I see from what you'd like is you will have a slightly different pool of minutes to share than you currently have under an individual plan.

Hmmm.   I have a 450 individual plan for $39.  Based on what you said I just looked up family plans and the lowest one is 550 plan for $59 + $9 extra line.  Are you saying I would have to move to this $59 + $9 plan in order to share a line?  I can't keep my current 450 plan and share these min for $9 more?

$30 more dollars a month for 100 more min?  I hope this is not the case.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.