Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
xpatcr's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 20th, 2014 4:20 PM

Best plan for occasional international visitor?

Often only in the States 2-3 times a year for a couple weeks (up to a month). What plan is best so I don't need to keep buying a new number each visit?

Even the $2/day plan requires $25 every 90 days. That means I'd pay $50 just to keep the number alive for when I return in 4-5 months.

There must be a pre-paid plan for people who only need the number 2-4 weeks every 4-6 months.

Hopeful

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @xpatcr 

$25 every 90 days, or $100 per year is the cheapest option available, if you want to keep the same number.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I'm considering the $2 / day plan.  A few questions:

1. What happens if there is less usage than $25 in 90 days?  Is the account canceled or is the account charged the difference (e.g. $10 of usage in 90 days incurs a $15 maintenance charge)?
  2. Do the 90 day periods line up with the calendar quarters (e.g. Jan 1st to Mar 31st), 90 days from the account's startup or some other way?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you ATTDmitriyCM for the confirmation. The $100/yr ($25/3-mo) was all I'd found but was hoping for a different option for periodic visits.

I suppose it doesn't make business sense for AT&T to offer a prepaid plan that seldom gets used. 

I suppose I'll just keep getting new service every trip.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.