Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Dissatisfied999's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 4th, 2015 2:13 PM

At&t forces go phone users to spend more

Dear AT&T,

You recently removed the ability of gophone users to buy messaging packages unless we upgrade to a monthly rate.  We can no longer pay what we need when we need it.  This goes against the very idea of the gophone.  I am currently looking into finding a new prepay provider because of this frankly greedy move.  To all the users out there who also find this unforgivable, there are other options. I won't list them here because I do not trust AT&T to leave my post up. If you search you can find an alternative.

Guru

• 

638 Messages

9 years ago

Isn't the purpose of the GoPhone is that you aren't locked into an annual contract and can cancel when the services no longer meet your needs? It's pay as needed, as you go.

Or don't.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

price per message 20cents. i think most people would agree that messaging is essential in today's world. without a package that amount per message is unsustainable for anyone on a budget. you are of course right that gophone users have no contract and can leave at anytime but to remove the option after years and years of offering it only forces people to change to a monthly plan (yes without a contract) but still a monthly recurring plan. that my helpful friend is NOT pay as you go.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

All carriers tweak their plans from time to time. Some tweaks benefit some customers, some tweaks don't. To say that a carrier should NEVER change a plan, once it is set, is a pretty unreasonable demand.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.