Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 19, 2011
7:57:19 AM
View profile
Activation time limit?

Is there any time limit for activation prepaid phone after purchase? I bought the phone last  november  (2010) and the phone has $50 on it (as written on the box) - So for how long it valid ($50) since the phone is not activated - but I inserted the SIM in?

One more related Question:  I see "Normal Retail - Scan for activation" bar code on the sticker (bought the phone in BestBuy) Does it mean something for time limit ?

Is there any time limit for activation prepaid phone after purchase? I bought the phone last  november  (2010) and the phone has $50 on it (as written on the box) - So for how long it valid ($50) since the phone is not activated - but I inserted the SIM in?

One more related Question:  I see "Normal Retail - Scan for activation" bar code on the sticker (bought the phone in BestBuy) Does it mean something for time limit ?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 21, 2011 5:36:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, you should be able to just swap the SIMs and activate each SIM in the phone you want to use it with.  However, my understanding is that the bundled SIMs/phones that come from at&t come partially activated and so you may only have 30 days to complete the activation process/keep the assigned phone number - and potentially the airtime credit that came with the phone.  I'm not sure if this holds true for bundled GoPhones purchased elsewhere or not; but regardless, I believe at&t customer service can assign a new phone number and complete the activation with the SIM you have on hand.  So I'd give them a call if you have any trouble completing the activation process and/or if you don't receive the free airtime credit.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Activation time limit?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2011 5:04:14 AM
(0)
Contributor

Well, I have another question (but related) - I have two prepaid phones, bought with bundled SIM cards (came in the same boxes with the phones) - never were activated, one was inserted to check out a phone. 

Can i just swap the cards between the phones and activate them (cards have different amount of money on them (never been activated))? 

Well, I have another question (but related) - I have two prepaid phones, bought with bundled SIM cards (came in the same boxes with the phones) - never were activated, one was inserted to check out a phone. 

Can i just swap the cards between the phones and activate them (cards have different amount of money on them (never been activated))? 

Re: Activation time limit?

2 of 3 (1,603 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 21, 2011 5:36:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, you should be able to just swap the SIMs and activate each SIM in the phone you want to use it with.  However, my understanding is that the bundled SIMs/phones that come from at&t come partially activated and so you may only have 30 days to complete the activation process/keep the assigned phone number - and potentially the airtime credit that came with the phone.  I'm not sure if this holds true for bundled GoPhones purchased elsewhere or not; but regardless, I believe at&t customer service can assign a new phone number and complete the activation with the SIM you have on hand.  So I'd give them a call if you have any trouble completing the activation process and/or if you don't receive the free airtime credit.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Activation time limit?

3 of 3 (1,593 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments