Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 23, 2011
2:41:37 PM
View profile
Activating a SHG-A107 SIM with ANY phone, Possible??

Hi all,

I went to Best Buy and purchased a Samsung A-107 GoPhone and the SIM Card (that came with it) is Unactivated and I was wondering if I could activate it with my HP Veer 4G that's unlocked...? Will it still be SIM Locked for 6 months?

I just want the 10 cent a minute plan. No data or texting.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Hi all,

I went to Best Buy and purchased a Samsung A-107 GoPhone and the SIM Card (that came with it) is Unactivated and I was wondering if I could activate it with my HP Veer 4G that's unlocked...? Will it still be SIM Locked for 6 months?

I just want the 10 cent a minute plan. No data or texting.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 23, 2011 9:08:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yep, you could activate the new SIM to your Veer. That would work. And yes, the SIM would still be locked to the original activated phone for a time period of up to six months.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Activating a SHG-A107 SIM with ANY phone, Possible??

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 23, 2011 9:08:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yep, you could activate the new SIM to your Veer. That would work. And yes, the SIM would still be locked to the original activated phone for a time period of up to six months.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Activating a SHG-A107 SIM with ANY phone, Possible??

2 of 9 (1,052 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 7:13:27 AM
(0)
Contributor

responding to :the 10c plan..PLEASE dont...i topped up with$15 and a friend clled in and by the time we were done my money was gone!!! plus i didnt even make the call!

the best buy attendantds are ill-informed about this package and constantly misinform the cusomers....seeing that i got exactly the same phone....and havE MAJOR ISSUES.

responding to :the 10c plan..PLEASE dont...i topped up with$15 and a friend clled in and by the time we were done my money was gone!!! plus i didnt even make the call!

the best buy attendantds are ill-informed about this package and constantly misinform the cusomers....seeing that i got exactly the same phone....and havE MAJOR ISSUES.

3 of 9 (1,039 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 9:33:44 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
The $0.10 a minute rate plan works exceptionally well for me. I've had my GoPhone account with that plan ($0.25 per minute about a year ago, when the $0.10/minute plan was not introduced yet) for approximately two years, now, considering I started my service on 12/25/2009.

The $0.10 a minute rate plan works exceptionally well for me. I've had my GoPhone account with that plan ($0.25 per minute about a year ago, when the $0.10/minute plan was not introduced yet) for approximately two years, now, considering I started my service on 12/25/2009.

4 of 9 (1,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 10:32:05 AM
(0)
Teacher
What about an iPhone 3GS? Thank you for the info about the Veer, it was very helpful. Happy Holidays everyone!
What about an iPhone 3GS? Thank you for the info about the Veer, it was very helpful. Happy Holidays everyone!

5 of 9 (1,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 3:38:43 PM
(0)
Teacher
I'm actually on the $25 a month plan, but this was for my mom who only uses it to occasionally call or text. She can make $25 last like 2 months.
I'm actually on the $25 a month plan, but this was for my mom who only uses it to occasionally call or text. She can make $25 last like 2 months.

6 of 9 (1,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 6:16:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome.

You could also activate a prepaid SIM to an iPhone 3GS, yes -- you think I'm using a post paid 3GS?! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

I did not activate my SIM to my iPhone, so I'm not sure about the process for activating iPhones. I think it's a little more challenging than activating a regular phone because iPhones are not officially authorized for prepaid use, but people are still allowed to use them.

You're welcome.

You could also activate a prepaid SIM to an iPhone 3GS, yes -- you think I'm using a post paid 3GS?! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

I did not activate my SIM to my iPhone, so I'm not sure about the process for activating iPhones. I think it's a little more challenging than activating a regular phone because iPhones are not officially authorized for prepaid use, but people are still allowed to use them.

7 of 9 (1,010 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 3:22:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

Okay, I think since my mom was already using her Unlocked Veer on T-Mobile Prepaid she was used to it already and was leaning towards that phone anyway.

Thanks for all the help!

Okay, I think since my mom was already using her Unlocked Veer on T-Mobile Prepaid she was used to it already and was leaning towards that phone anyway.

Thanks for all the help!

8 of 9 (958 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 3:41:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You are welcome!

You are welcome!

9 of 9 (956 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments