Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
oak789's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 14th, 2014 5:45 PM

AT&T keeps charging me after I've changed plan, and I can't get in touch with them. What shall I do?

I’ve recently changed my cell phone from the $60/month plan to a 10c/minute plan. But AT&T keeps charging me $60 each month even though their website clearly states that I don’t have the plan.

On the website I can’t log into the chat support. It sends me in a log-in loop. On the phone support I also can't get in touch with a representative. I’m sent in a loop of different voice robots. I’m in Europe now, so I can't walk into a store. (I’ve changed my plan because I’ll be abroad for the next 6 months.)

After spending two hours trying to get in contact with AT&T about these withdrawals, I had to call a AT&T store and pretend to want to buy a new product. That was the only way I could get past the computerized loops and in contact with an actual person. This sales representative told me that it’s not enough to change your plan; you have to make an additional change to your payment options too. He said I could do this on the website.

I’ve been searching the site for this special payment section, and I just can't find it. The search function also doesn’t show anything.

Someone please please help! I’m getting desperate here.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

The right side of the Account Summary page is "Account Refill". There is a link that says "Refill using credit card, debit card, or electronic check...click that link. That should open a new window/tab the says "Welcome to AT^T Payment Center. The first option is "Auto-Refill"...click that link or the work "go" in the gray bar. The "Auto-Refill" page will come up; click the link at the bottom that says "Edict Auto-Refill Settings". 

This will bring up a page where you can cheange the amount of your auto-refill.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Great! Thank you very much MicCheck!!!

Now I only need to know how much I must pay in order for AT&T to not confiscate the $138 that is on the account.

My account details say that my balance will expire on 08/05/2014. There’s probably an amount to deposit that will keep my balance alive for a month, another amount that will keep it alive for a full year and so on.

Do you or any other here on the forum know how much I should pay to keep my balance alive?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

I wasn't sure, so I did some digging. Here's a post from  Wild Banchi last year:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/Rate-plan-expiration-Prepaid-GoPhone/td-p/3493437

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

I wasn't sure, so I did some digging. Here's a post from  Wild Banchi last year:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/Rate-plan-expiration-Prepaid-GoPhone/td-p/3493437

🙂

Kudos for your digging and determination! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.