Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
butchjma's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 10:17 PM

911 charge taken out before plan renewed

I submitted a payment of $45 for my GoPhone account 3 days before my plan renewal date.  The day before my renewal date, a charge of $1.25 for taken out for a "911 SERVICE FEE".  Today my phone was shut down because there was not enough $$ in the account to renew the plan.   I lost a good chunk of rollover data becase of this.

Been on this GoPhone thing for 10 or 11 months now and this has never happened. 

Has this happened to anyone recently?

Do this again AT&T and I will be going back to VERIZON!!!!!

Oscar 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

That seems like an error, or a delay in payment that shouldn't have happened.

send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare and see if they can help you sort out why this happened, so it doesn't happen again.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

This was the reply. No mention of why I have had no problems in the past. I understand a "911 Fee" but do not understand why it kept my plan from renewing at the same $$$ amount I have been using.

Oscar

Hi butchjma The 911 service fee is actually a monthly fee that is charged to all prepaid and postpaid accounts. The fee varies depending on location. For more information please visit http://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless/gophoneE911.html . Thanks, Charise

Scholar

• 

107 Messages

9 years ago

Hi all, i think i know the answer....it has to do with the day of the month that ATT takes out 911 based on State.  In Massachusetts, its the 2nd.  So if your cycle renews on 25 (for example) and you auto refill on 23, there will never be any money in your account on the 2nd, and therefore no 911 fee can ever be taken out.

Its arcane and makes NO sense at all...but thats how to avoid it...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.