Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
CivicSi's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 22nd, 2016 10:56 AM

1st time buying and activations prepaid go

Bought my niece a prepaid go. It's been more than 12 hrs and still don't work. It was bought at the At&t store which it already has a plan. So why don't it work yet? Saying it don't have funds but yet I paid $45 plus phone to activate it????

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @CivicSi,

I can help you get your service up and running! It appears as if the SIM card needs to be activated!

If you a want to activate the service as a prepaid account through Go Phone, you are able to go into any AT&T Company store location, process it online, or through the Go Phone Activations IVR.

If you select to do it yourself, ensure that you have the five-digit ZIP code for the area where you plan to use the phone most often. Verify you have the Go Phone IMEI number and new ICCID (SIM Card) on hand and are not speaking on the device. You have two options to activate service:

1. Transfer to Go Phone Activations IVR at 877-426-0525 or use the speed dial number. 
  2. Go to the Go Phone activation Web site at www.att.com/gophone and select Activate Account.

If you select to do activation in store, you can click on Store Locations & Appointments to locate the nearest AT&T store.

Hope this helps! Thank you for choosing AT&T for your wireless services!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.